It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 am

Reverse Function

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Reverse Function

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 10:15 am

I have illuminated rocker tabs for couplers. The light is ON when the assigned coupler is engaged and OFF when the coupler is disengaged.

For some organs it may be better suitable, it the light is OFF when the coupler (on the screen) is engaged and ON when the coupler is disengaged (e.g. for couplers, which activate a division).

I tried out to MIDI learn OFF-ON instead of ON-OFF and also checked the associated options, but I can't get it working.

I also thought that this is a common issue, but I could not find anything in the manual or in the forum. With all the flexibility HW offers, I cannot believe that this should not be possible. What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Best,
Chris

mdyde

Re: Reverse Function

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Hello Chris,

When mapping a virtual switch bidirectionally via MIDI (either using auto-detect, or manually), Hauptwerk will always turn the MIDI switch on whenever the virtual switch is on, and vice-versa. For example, if you were using solenoid-actuated MIDI draw-knobs or tabs, then attempting to do the opposite would probably cause an infinite loop and oscillation (or maybe even a fire!).

If you want the MIDI switch's lamp/solenoid-draw-knob/tab to be *off* when some coupler is engaged internally (e.g. perhaps for something along the lines of a ventil) then you would need to add a second switch in your organ definition that was linked to the first with an inverting action, i.e. so that the user-controllable/mappable switch always had the opposite state to the internal coupler action node switch.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Hello Martin,

thank you very much for the ultra-fast answer. I have to admit, I did not expect that :wink:

I was talking about commercially available sample sets. It is such a minor issue that I do not invest time into this issue.

But now I know at least, how to implement this functionality in my sets :D

All the best,
Chris

mdyde

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks, Chris.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support