It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Autoloading

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Doug S.

Autoloading

PostSun Oct 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Is there another way to get HW to automatically load on boot up without reloading and checking the option?
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

mdyde

Re: Autoloading

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 3:39 am

Hello Doug,

Looking back through previous discussions with you, I see that you are/were using a Mac.

To make macOS launch any given application (such as Hauptwerk) automatically when it boots, you can just launch the application (Hauptwerk), then right-click on its icon in the Mac's Dock at the bottom of the screen, then select the option to launch it automatically at login.

If you then find that Hauptwerk sometimes gets launched before the operating system has finished initialising all of the audio/MIDI devices/drivers, resulting in Hauptwerk displaying a warning as it launches that some audio/MIDI devices appear to be missing, you can then also set the 'Minimum time to wait on start-up' setting on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ...' screen tab to an appropriate value, to give the operating system more time to finish initialising its audio/MIDI devices/drivers before Hauptwerk queries them.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Doug S.

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Martin,
I've never used a Mac. I'm on Win 7.
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

mdyde

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am

Hello Doug,

My apologies for the confusion. (I think I must have been confusing you with somebody else.)

In that case, the simplest way is probably just to re-run the (current version of the) Hauptwerk installer to do it for you: http://www.downloadhauptwerk.com/. (You shouldn't lose any settings or organs by doing so, but it's always good practice to use 'File | Backup ...' first in Hauptwerk, for good measure.)

Alternatively, you could add a short-cut to the Hauptwerk application to the Windows Startup folder yourself. Here are a couple of websites that describe how to do that in general on Windows 7:

https://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=13076
https://www.howtogeek.com/228467/how-to-make-a-program-run-at-startup-on-any-computer/

(Please be careful not to move, rename, or copy the Hauptwerk executable itself accidentally, in that case.)
Best regards, Martin.

Doug S.

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am

Thanks Martin,
Some context:
The MOTU 24Ao has been a challenge, as has an attempted Win 10 installation.
I'd wanted to build a completely fresh Installation, however it refused to load and reverted back to 7 after repeated attempts. Went online about the error code. It appears my Gigabyte MOBO has an Intel chip foible that is the problem. I want to get the new interface operational with HW before upgrading the MOBO and CUP.
Thanks again,
Doug
Doug

mdyde

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am

Thanks, Doug.

You're very welcome. Hope the system all works well now.
Best regards, Martin.

chr.schmitz

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 am

Unfortunately, this delay does not solve my slow external drive mounting issue under macOS. The required Hauptwerk folders are obviously queried before the delay...

Chris

mdyde

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Hello Chris,

Yes -- Hauptwerk can't launch at all if its folders are missing at that point in time.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support