It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

Doubles Off

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

chr.schmitz

Doubles Off

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am

Is it possible to emulate a Doubles Off switch in Hauptwerk?

I have the impression that this would be the opposite of what can be achieved with master reversible combinations.

Best, Chris

mnailor

Re: Doubles Off

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 am

You could use a scoped combination piston whose scope is all the stops you want it to turn off, and set it with them off. When you press that piston, any stops in its scope that are on will turn off, affecting nothing else. I use this for divisional cancels.

A reversible will only turn off its stops if they all happen to be on at the time, otherwise it turns the rest of them on.

johnstump_organist

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 am

If you scooped two pistols just to control the doubles, you could set one to cancel all the doubles, the other to turn them all on. This wouldn't exactly be right, as doubles off, i think, wouldn't actually move the stops so turning off the "doubles off" would just bring back on whichever Doubles were drawn not all of them, but at least you could cancel the doubles.
John

mdyde

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 am

Hello Chris,

To add to others' replies (thanks, both), the sample set producer could of course implement such a feature within an organ definition, but there is no exact equivalent of a doubles-off (or ventil) that the user could add if the sample set doesn't have the functionality natively. Scoped and reversible combinations offer the closest available alternatives.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

chr.schmitz

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks to all of you! These were very helpful hints. I give them a try...

Again, thanks a lot!
Chris

Return to Technical support