It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:28 am

Hauptwerk turning off Rodgers stops

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Lougheed

Hauptwerk turning off Rodgers stops

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am

I'm experimenting with combining sounds from my Rodgers (MS-356B) and Hauptwerk (A-S from Sonus).

I've got everything working except for one issue.

When I turn off the last stop from the touch screen, it turns off all stops on the Rodgers.

For example, let's say that I have three Hauptwerk stops enabled, and various stops (from all divisions) drawn on the Rodgers. When I turn off one of the Hauptwerk stops (using the touch screen) the Rodgers is not affected, same thing for the second stop. But when I turn off the the last remaining stop from Hauptwerk, it turns off all of the Rodgers stops.

This occurs from any division on the Hauptwerk organ.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk turning off Rodgers stops

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 am

Hello Lawrence,

Rodgers' MIDI implementation is such that the states of *all* stops are sent/received (in a single MIDI sys-ex message) each time any stop changes state. Hence it isn't possible to have some of the Rodgers' stops not affected by Hauptwerk, I'm afraid -- if you use any at all with Hauptwerk then Hauptwerk will inevitably need to control the states of all of them.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Lougheed

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 10:46 am

OK.

Thanks, Martin.

engrssc

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Lougheed wrote:I'm experimenting with combining sounds from my Rodgers (MS-356B) and Hauptwerk (A-S from Sonus)..

Do you have the MIDI out from Hauptwerk connected to the Rodgers MIDI input? Not necessary unless you want H/W to control the Rodgers.

I had a similar situation and did a sort of kludge fix. Between the Rodgers MIDI out and the Hauptwerk MIDI input, I put a MIDI merge. One thing that does is it permits Rodgers (manuals, etc) to connect to Hauptwerk but blocks Hauptwerk from controlling the Rodgers. A "one way" MIDI traffic situation. I also installed two separate sets of pistons. One for the original Rodgers C/A and the other set for H/W control.

Further, I have 2 separate audio setups, one for the Rodgers and one for H/W. But that is for another reason.

Rgds,
Ed

(BTW, not relevant here in this thread, the MIDI merge, because one of my keyboards (manuals) is for a separate connection to a synthesisor and that 2nd MIDI in port of the merger is connected to the MIDI output from the synth.)

Lougheed

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 am

engrssc wrote:
Do you have the MIDI out from Hauptwerk connected to the Rodgers MIDI input? Not necessary unless you want H/W to control the Rodgers.

Thanks, Ed.

The answer to your question is yes.

This morning I disconnected the MIDI IN cable to the organ console, and it appears (from initial testing) to have solved the problem.

engrssc

PostWed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Glad to hear it is solved.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support