It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:42 pm

Transferring the combination set

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ludu

Transferring the combination set

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 10:11 am

Hello,
I have bought Gœrlitz and recorded many combinations. Recently, I asked Jake (Subbas32) for an extension increasing the compass and adding an expression to one division. No additional stops or coupler, nothing concerning the combinations. Transferring the combinations from the original version to the new one (having a new ID#), HW tells me that the combinations are not compatible and does not recognise them. Isn’t there really any way to recover all my previous combinations for the same organ?
Cordially,
Luc

mdyde

Re: Transferring the combination set

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello Luc,

Provided that Jake has actually implemented your extended organ definition to be compatible with the original one, then you should just need to use just need to use 'Registration | Import combination set' with the new organ loaded to import any desired combination set from the original.

Since they're different organs (IDs), you will always be shown the following prompt when doing so, but it's just a warning, and you can safely just click 'yes' if they are actually compatible:

This combination set was saved with a different organ. Loading a combination set from an incompatible organ will give unexpected registrations or results.

Are you sure you want to import and load it for this organ?

Select 'No' unless the sample set producer has specifically stated that combination sets from both organs are designed to be fully compatible with each other.

Check with Jake if in doubt about whether they're compatible, but if he just adding some extensions to the original organ's definition, then I would imagine that he would have made them compatible (i.e. that he would have retained the same switch and combination IDs for the existing stops in the organ definition).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Many thanks Martin, I have forgotten the menu ‘Registration | Import combination set’. Everything works now. Just one last question: after my bad handling, I now see ‘Combs01-Corrupted’ in my list of combinations. How can I delete this file? It’s not in the OrganCombination folder of my new sample set.
Luc

mdyde

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks, Luc.

ludu wrote:Just one last question: after my bad handling, I now see ‘Combs01-Corrupted’ in my list of combinations. How can I delete this file? It’s not in the OrganCombination folder of my new sample set.

With the relevant organ loaded, you could use 'Registration | Browse/rename/delete combination sets'. (When doing so one should be careful not to delete or move anything unintended.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks again Martin, for your quick and efficient help.

For the other readers of this post: every time Jake makes an extension for an organ, his job is perfect!
Luc

Return to Technical support