Search:
Submit Search

How to restore sound to headphones?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.

How to restore sound to headphones?

Postby sipirc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:38 am

Dear All,

I have a new Windows 10 Pro workstation and while audio to the speakers and subwoofers are fine, I cannot seem to restore sound to the headphone channel on my Fireface 800. I have checked Control Panel/Sounds and the dedicated channel jack (Analog 9+10) is active; I have even made that default and the test jingle was working fine on it.
However, when I am trying to play Hauptwerk through it, no sound is coming through, only the speakers (Channels analog 3+4, at this stage, also set for the ASIO on Audio Outputs).
What is missing? Could someone guide me through this setup step-by-step, please?
It used to work fine through the same sound card, no problems.

Thank you in advance,
Best wishes,
Greg
sipirc

Re: How to restore sound to headphones?

Postby mdyde » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 am

Hello Greg,

Whilst it's certainly possible to configure Hauptwerk to send a stereo aux mix-down simultaneously to a separate pair of channels (e.g. for headphones), I would instead recommend just configuring RME's TotalMix control panel mixer to mix all of its analogue output channels simultaneously to its headphones output channels (9+10). That's likely to be more convenient since it would then work for all applications (e.g. sequencers, music players, and Web browsers), rather than just for Hauptwerk. That's how I have mine RME UFX configured.

RME's documentation covers how to use TotalMix in depth, but basically, within TotalMix, you should just need to go to 'Function | Matrix view' then click on cells in the 'PH 9/10' row to add virtual connections (sends) there for each of the desired 'Out N' columns. (Also make sure that the 'PH 9/10' fader is turned up in 'Function | Mixer view'.)
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Postby sipirc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 am

Hello Martin,

Many thanks, appreciating the prompt response, as usual! I got into both Matrix and Mixer views; in the latter, the decider was actually pushing the fader up on Channels 3/4, rather than 9/10! The problem here was that they were down completely...I don’t know why.
All good now!
Thanks again,
Best wishes,
Greg
sipirc

Postby mdyde » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:15 am

Thanks, Greg.

Excellent.
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Return to Technical support