It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

How to restore sound to headphones?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

sipirc

How to restore sound to headphones?

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 4:38 am

Dear All,

I have a new Windows 10 Pro workstation and while audio to the speakers and subwoofers are fine, I cannot seem to restore sound to the headphone channel on my Fireface 800. I have checked Control Panel/Sounds and the dedicated channel jack (Analog 9+10) is active; I have even made that default and the test jingle was working fine on it.
However, when I am trying to play Hauptwerk through it, no sound is coming through, only the speakers (Channels analog 3+4, at this stage, also set for the ASIO on Audio Outputs).
What is missing? Could someone guide me through this setup step-by-step, please?
It used to work fine through the same sound card, no problems.

Thank you in advance,
Best wishes,
Greg

mdyde

Re: How to restore sound to headphones?

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 5:10 am

Hello Greg,

Whilst it's certainly possible to configure Hauptwerk to send a stereo aux mix-down simultaneously to a separate pair of channels (e.g. for headphones), I would instead recommend just configuring RME's TotalMix control panel mixer to mix all of its analogue output channels simultaneously to its headphones output channels (9+10). That's likely to be more convenient since it would then work for all applications (e.g. sequencers, music players, and Web browsers), rather than just for Hauptwerk. That's how I have mine RME UFX configured.

RME's documentation covers how to use TotalMix in depth, but basically, within TotalMix, you should just need to go to 'Function | Matrix view' then click on cells in the 'PH 9/10' row to add virtual connections (sends) there for each of the desired 'Out N' columns. (Also make sure that the 'PH 9/10' fader is turned up in 'Function | Mixer view'.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

sipirc

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 5:58 am

Hello Martin,

Many thanks, appreciating the prompt response, as usual! I got into both Matrix and Mixer views; in the latter, the decider was actually pushing the fader up on Channels 3/4, rather than 9/10! The problem here was that they were down completely...I don’t know why.
All good now!
Thanks again,
Best wishes,
Greg

mdyde

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am

Thanks, Greg.

Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support