It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

Turn off registration sounds?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Alte_neume

Turn off registration sounds?

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 9:26 pm

I have been looking for a way to disable registration sounds for recording purposes. I am using the Salisbury sample set which has a lovely "in-the-room" sound but whenever I change my registrations I can hear the clicks as if the listener is sitting with me at the console. Doesn't make too much sense in this context. Is there a recording element I can switch "off" during recordings? Many thanks!

mnailor

Re: Turn off registration sounds?

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Have a look at the User Guide starting at page 72. Use the "Load organ, adjusting rank..." menu option to load Salisbury. Find the ranks that are stop control noises and change them to not load.

You could do that in an Alt configuration just for recording and keep your original settings, too.

Alte_neume

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the tip.

mdyde

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 am

Hello Alte_neume,

To add to nmailor's reply (thanks, nmailor), an alternative could be to turn the relevant noise 'ranks' down as much as possible (-24 dB) on Hauptwerk's voicing screen ('Organ settings | Pipe and rank voicing').
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support