Search:
Submit Search

Turn off registration sounds?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.

Turn off registration sounds?

Postby Alte_neume » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

I have been looking for a way to disable registration sounds for recording purposes. I am using the Salisbury sample set which has a lovely "in-the-room" sound but whenever I change my registrations I can hear the clicks as if the listener is sitting with me at the console. Doesn't make too much sense in this context. Is there a recording element I can switch "off" during recordings? Many thanks!
Alte_neume

Re: Turn off registration sounds?

Postby mnailor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Have a look at the User Guide starting at page 72. Use the "Load organ, adjusting rank..." menu option to load Salisbury. Find the ranks that are stop control noises and change them to not load.

You could do that in an Alt configuration just for recording and keep your original settings, too.
mnailor

Postby Alte_neume » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Thank you! I appreciate the tip.
Alte_neume

Postby mdyde » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 am

Hello Alte_neume,

To add to nmailor's reply (thanks, nmailor), an alternative could be to turn the relevant noise 'ranks' down as much as possible (-24 dB) on Hauptwerk's voicing screen ('Organ settings | Pipe and rank voicing').
Best regards,
Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

Return to Technical support