It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

MOTU 24Ao Sample rate error messages

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Doug S.

Re: MOTU 24Ao Sample rate error messages

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Addendum 2....Sometimes when all of the boot order is followed, every hardware is given its time, Hauptwerk loads without a glitch,.....no audio through my 24ao!!! I must exit and reload HW to get audio output.
I love the quality of the 24ao audio but my headless installation goal has been significantly set back. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Doug
Doug

mdyde

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 am

Hello Doug,

If you haven't already done so, please first:

- Exit Hauptwerk if it's running.

- Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for the PC's motherboard. Check on its manufacturer's website for the latest version.

- Make sure you have all power-saving functions in the BIOS disabled, if relevant.

- Make sure all current operating system updates are installed on your new computer. (Use Windows Update to check for updates, apply all available, reboot, then keep repeating until there are no more. Note that you might need to click the 'check for updates' button *twice* before Windows actually performs the check.)

- Make sure that you have the latest versions of the drivers and firmware installed for all of your hardware, including any MIDI interface(s) and graphics card, checking on the manufacturers' websites.

- Download and install the driver for the Hauptwerk USB key, the current version of which is always available on our main downloads page here: http://www.downloadhauptwerk.com/ . (It doesn't hurt to re-install it if you aren't sure whether you already have the current version.)

- Disable all Windows power-saving functions, including the options for putting USB ports/devices to sleep. For example, on Windows 10 you would use 'Windows Control Panel | System | Power and sleep | Additional power settings', select the 'High performance' power plan, then click its 'Change plan settings | Change advanced power settings', then make sure that the settings are set as follows:
- Sleep: Hibernate after = Never (for 'plugged in' if present)
- USB settings: USB selective suspend setting = Disabled (for 'plugged in' if present)
- PCI Express: Link state power management = Off (for 'plugged in' if present)
- Processor power management: Minimum processor state = 100% (for 'plugged in' if present)
- Hard disk: Turn off hard disk after = Never (for 'plugged in' if present)
... then OK all of the screens.

- (Re-)install the latest version of MOTU's AVB driver/software: http://motu.com/download

- Make certain that you have the latest version of the MOTU 24Ao firmware installed.

- Reboot if you updated anything.

If that doesn't solve it, when the issue occurs, does using 'Engine | Restart audio/MIDI' make it produce sound again? (That menu option will stop, then re-start the, audio driver.)

Is the audio interface connected directly to a USB port on the PC, or via a USB hub?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Doug S.

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks Martin,
I'm fairly sure all you suggest is as you recommend, however I plan to convert to an SSD. Rather than clone it, I will do a fresh build. The 24ao has the latest firmware, but I need to confirm if I reverted to legacy software and drivers to get it to work....I'm not sure because it's been such a drawn out slog doing computer upgrades concurrently with the new interface, I need to double check.
Doug
Doug

Doug S.

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Martin,
I went back and checked. My Windows 7 64 was a fresh Installation but not updated. I proceeded to follow your recommendations except the video card. The MOTU 24Ao was reinstalled with the latest software and firmware. There were 136 updates which took about three hours to get all installed.

So far things are behaving and simultaneous booting of both computer and 24ao isn't causing anymore problems.

I'm still cycling all the gear to observe any inconsistent behavior. If none emerge I'll proceed to power up all three console, 24ao and computer and see how that works before further tweaks.
Doug

mdyde

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Thanks, Doug.

Excellent. Glad to hear it appears to be working properly now.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Doug S.

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Annnnd I can boot everything except the blower from a single console power switch. 4 boot cycles and all went well....so far.
Thanks Martin.
Doug

engrssc

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Doug S. wrote:I can boot everything except the blower

Hi Doug,

Which blower are you referring to?

Rgds,
Ed

Doug S.

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Meidinger high speed silent blower. My instrument is a hybrid.
Doug

engrssc

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks, Doug,

Just interested. Sounds like you have quite the instrument.

Rgds,
Ed

Doug S.

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks, here's a link to photos and recordings.

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/user/251
Doug

engrssc

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 1:52 am

Totally impressed, Doug. 8) As in wow !

Where are the speakers fed by the MOTU 24 Ao installed?

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 3:18 am

Some new (beta) things to consider

Under Windows Driver and Software - Fixed an intermittent stop error when changing sample rates.

http://motu.com/download/proaudio/index.html#touch-console

Also training videos here:

http://motu.com/proaudio/index.html#training-videos

Regarding MOTU Pro Audio:

http://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/avb/MOTU%20Pro%20Audio%20Driver%20Read%20Me.pdf

BTW, ☛ At sea level, audio travels approximately one foot (30
cm) per millisecond. A latency of ten milliseconds is about
the same as being ten feet (three meters) from an audio
source.

Rgds,
Ed

Doug S.

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks Ed,
My speakers-8 Behringer Truth 2031 studio monitors are in the casework. I also have a pair of Rodgers and a 15" infinite baffle subwoofer on a ledge immediately behind and adjacent respectively to the open rear of the right side of the case at tha same level as the pipework. Finally, I have a second floor Klipsch sub behind the console.
I'm looking for additional Behringer passive 2031 units which were discontinued with only active versions still manufactured.
Thanks,
Doug
Doug

organtechnology

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Doug S. wrote:Thanks Ed,
My speakers-8 Behringer Truth 2031 studio monitors are in the casework. I also have a pair of Rodgers and a 15" infinite baffle subwoofer on a ledge immediately behind and adjacent respectively to the open rear of the right side of the case at tha same level as the pipework. Finally, I have a second floor Klipsch sub behind the console.
I'm looking for additional Behringer passive 2031 units which were discontinued with only active versions still manufactured.
Thanks,
Doug

One of the guys building a church Hauptwerk system had some passives avaiolable but I do not remember his name. There is always Ebay.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

magnaton

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Doug S. wrote:I'm looking for additional Behringer passive 2031 units which were discontinued with only active versions still manufactured.
Thanks,
Doug

You could try TBarnett who posted some passive (2031P) units here:
http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16146

I bought 4 units from him and they were in mint condition. He is located in Atlanta.

Danny B.
PreviousNext

Return to Technical support