It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 am

Checking scope of scoped pistons

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

organsRgreat

Checking scope of scoped pistons

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 pm

I know how to set the scope of Master Scoped pistons; but I sometimes forget what scope I've set. I know that I can use “Export/View Combinations as Text Listing” and choose only “Include Master Scoped Combination Scopes” to see what I've set; is there any other method that I've overlooked? Thanks.

mdyde

Re: Checking scope of scoped pistons

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Hello organsRgreat,

There isn't a specific function for it, I'm afraid (although we do have it logged as enhancement request), but you could potentially turn all stops on to see which stops the scoped piston affected, and then do likewise with all of the stops off. Together those two tests would show the scope. (You could conceivably programme 'all stops on' and 'all stops off' to two spare combinations for the purpose.)

However, using the 'Registration | Export/view combinations as text listing' menu function (as you mentioned) would probably be the quickest method.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

organsRgreat

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 3:44 pm

I play the Paramount 450 a lot, and that has at least 350 stops, plus Hauptwerk's Master Couplers and Pistons which I also find useful. Turning them all off is easy with the General Cancel, but turning them all on . . . Fortunately I use the scoped pistons mainly for controlling tremulants independently, so checking via a text listing doesn't take long. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any more obvious way of doing the job – thanks for confirming that I wasn't.

mdyde

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks, organsRgreat.

(Just to clarify, I meant that you could conceivably programme a spare master general piston with an all-stops-on registration for the purpose, as opposed to turning them all by hand.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support