It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Great/Choir Transfer

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Daniel Dries

Great/Choir Transfer

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 2:42 pm

I confess that I still can’t get my head around floating divisions. I am wondering if it is possible to use floating divisions to set up a Great/Choir transfer piston.

I realise that I can easily detect the manuals to swap their position, but I’d like to be able to transfer with a piston.

Thanks,
Daniel

josq

Re: Great/Choir Transfer

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Please let me know if this works:

* Go to organ settings>>Advanced MIDI applications>>Floating division MIDI keyboards
* Select Floating division 1 keyboard
* Autodetect the physical keyboard that you want to use to either control the Choir or the Great (if prompted, select "only this control")

* Go to organ settings >> keyboards
* On the left, select either the choir or great division (the one that you want to be activated by default)
* in the "input" dropdown menu, select "Indirect MIDI input via floating division 1, route 1"
* go to the "input 2" tab
* in the "input" dropdown menu, select "Indirect MIDI input via floating division 1, route 3" (the reason for selecting a second input is to enable you to cycle with a single button through the 4 routing options, as will become clear in a few moments)
* On the left, select either the choir or great division (the one that you want not to be activated by default)
** in the "input" dropdown menu, select "Indirect MIDI input via floating division 1, route 4"
* go to the "primary input" tab
* in the "input" dropdown menu, select "Indirect MIDI input via floating division 1, route 2"
* Click "OK"

* go to view>>large floating control panels>>floating divisions
* press the arrow buttons next to Division 1. You'll observe that you are alternately selecting the choir and the great as you cycle through the 4 routes. '
* autodetect one of the Division 1 arrow buttons with the piston that you desire. Now you can use this single button to alternately select the Choir or the Great division on the physical keyboard that you assigned.

mdyde

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 4:39 am

Hello Daniel/Josq,

Yes -- Josq's method would be what I too would recommend. (Thanks very much, Josq.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Daniel Dries

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Josq and Martin.

Thanks so much for this advice. I have managed to use one keyboard to switch between great and choir using your instructions.

Thanks,
Daniel

Return to Technical support