It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am

**SOLVED** Thanks Martin, Now I CAN program stops via MIDI

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

jcfelice88keys

**SOLVED** Thanks Martin, Now I CAN program stops via MIDI

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello All,

Has the programming protocol somehow changed with Hauptwerk version 4.0 and/or 4.1 over version 3?

In the past, I was able to program stop changes via midi in Digital Performer using Hauptwerk's "Stop/Coupler/tremulant switches & pistons/buttons" window under the 'Organ Settings' tab. This function seems not to work in any sample set from any sample library provider, including the St. Annes Moseley organ.

Has something changed?

For example, if I wanted to program St. Annes' Pedal Open Diapason 16' stop to turn on via Midi Channel #8, it was a simple matter of going to the Stop/Coupler ... window under the Organ Settings tab, selecting the following options:
Input: "Stop or hold- piston: MIDI on/off";
Midi IN Port: "Any Enabled Port";
MIDI Channel: Channel 8 (dec 07, hex 07)
('On') Note: (in this example) 060 (hex 3C): Oct 3, note C (middle C)

Then, in Digital Performer, when I would invoke Note Middle C in Channel 8, the Open Diapason 16' Pedal stop would work, either using IAC-8 or Hauptwerk AU link set to channel 8.

Alas, none of this programability seems to be working now.

What am I doing wrong? What SHOULD I be doing to invoke any stop in any Organ Division (Pedal Stops in Midi channel 8, Manual I stops in Midi channel 9, Manual II stops in Midi Channel 10, etc.

Any insight would be welcomed. Any insights, Martin?

Cheers,

Joe
Last edited by jcfelice88keys on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

engrssc

Re: Unable to program St. Annes Moseley via DAW midi command

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 7:26 pm

jcfelice88keys wrote:Has the programming protocol somehow changed with Hauptwerk version 4.0 and/or 4.1 over version 3?

BTW, the current version is V 4.2.1.003 and AFAIK older verions are no longer supported.

Rgds,
Ed

jcfelice88keys

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Hello Ed,

I stand corrected regarding in the most current version of Hauptwerk. Likewise, my MacPro is running Version 4.2,1.003. I am wondering, however, if the midi learn function of Version 4.X has somehow negated the programmable features that are still present in the Hauptwerk tabs. If so, then they should be removed in a future update; if not, then what am I doing wrong that the midi commands are not being recognized?

Cheers,

Joe

mdyde

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 4:11 am

Hello Joe,

MIDI settings are configured completely differently in version 4+, compared to version 3.

The 'Composing pieces off-line from a MIDI sequencer configured conventionally (Hauptwerk as a ‘slave’ MIDI device)' sub-section (pages 189-194 in the current v4.2.1 version) of the user guide has step-by-step instructions for how to use Hauptwerk in conventional MIDI sequencer environments, such as most sequencer users would normally want to use, so we'd normally recommend configuring it exactly as described there.

Normally you would keep the 'Hauptwerk AU/VST Link' entry (or whatever MIDI IN port you were using to connect from your sequencer) selected specifically in the *left-hand* ('Console MIDI IN') column on Hauptwerk's 'General settings | MIDI ports | MIDI IN ports' screen tab, with no other entries ticked at all on that screen tab (in either column), and also with no entries ticked at all on the 'MIDI OUT ports' tab. You can then right-click on virtual keyboards to configure their MIDI settings as you wish (either manually or using auto-detection).

Alternatively, you could tick the VST/MIDI IN port that connects from your sequencer in the right-hand 'Sequencer MIDI IN' column, in which case the completely fixed and predefined MIDI implementation that's described by the 'Recording | View MIDI recorder/player/sequencer MIDI implementation (for this organ)' menu function, with the relevant organ loaded. (That approach avoids the need to configure any per-organ MIDI settings at all in Hauptwerk, although your sequencer project would use then need to use the specified MIDI implementation for the relevant organ.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jcfelice88keys

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 am

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I shall implement your suggestions tomorrow and Sunday.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Joe

mdyde

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks, Joe.

You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

jcfelice88keys

Re: **SOLVED** Thanks Martin, Now I CAN program stops via MI

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Thank you, Martin, for your clearly written instructions to program Stop changes via MIDI command with Hauptwerk functioning as a 'slave' to DAW.

Within five minutes of following your instructions, the problem was solved. Thank you ever so much!!!

Cheers,

Joe

mdyde

Re: **SOLVED** Thanks Martin, Now I CAN program stops via MI

PostSat Mar 31, 2018 4:37 am

Thanks again, Joe.

Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support