It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

HW Voicing Control and POW sample set

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TomBentley

HW Voicing Control and POW sample set

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 7:50 am

Hello all. I am working with the HW advanced edition and currently the Paramount 320 with plans to possibly move up to the 341. When attempting to do some minor voicing on the 320, I find that the sliders on the HW advanced edition will only adjust the overall volume of the entire stop. I don't seem to be able to adjust each note/key for volume as I have been able to do with for example the EM Skinner. Also if I do raise the entire value of the stop with the master volume slider on the far left, it sound does in face increase but the sliders immediately snap back to original position but the volume is indeed increased. Is this something I am doing incorrectly, or is it just the way it is. End result would be to perhaps boost or reduce volume of an individual stop based on multichannel placement of speakers so that it is more balance throughout the entire compass of the rank. It may change my plans for moving on up with the POW sample sets if this in not possible to do. Thanks for any suggestion/inputs or clarifications anyone might offer.

Best regards,
Tom

organsRgreat

Re: HW Voicing Control and POW sample set

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 8:24 am

I just tried with the Paramount 450 and was able to adjust volume, tuning and brightness for individual notes; so I can't understand why you are experiencing this problem. I chose the Tibia 1, Gamba and Krumet ranks at random, but would expect others to behave the same way.

A potential puzzle with these organs is that there are tremmed and untremmed samples for nearly every rank - the Solo English Horn being a notable exception. If you try to adjust the wrong set of samples you won't hear any difference; however your problem seems to be that the sliders for individual notes don't behave normally. It might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the organ - that can sometimes cure weird problems.

TomBentley

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Okay, I'll give that a try at least its a simple matter to try that. Thanks -- I will post as soon as I get a few minutes to do the un-re-install in case someone else is having same prob.

Thanks!

Tom

magnaton

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 4:47 pm

The voicing controls are consistent among the sample sets. In other words, the voicing controls should work the same regardless of sample set you have loaded. I too have the POW 3/20 and all individual note voices work as designed. If you recall, theatre organs are highly unified, so for example the Tibia Clausa ranks starts at MIDI note 36 and ends at 120 (starting "C" of 8th octave). The Clarinet on the other hand, is just a 61 note compass which starts at MIDI note 36 and ends on MIDI note 96.

As you adjust the sliders, you should see the numbers in the boxes increase or decease accordingly. If any are grayed out, then there isn't a pipe sample associated with note.

TomBentley wrote:Also if I do raise the entire value of the stop with the master volume slider on the far left, it sound does in face increase but the sliders immediately snap back to original position but the volume is indeed increased. Is this something I am doing incorrectly, or is it just the way it is.

That is the correct behavior of the "Quick" sliders. These are the Master slider (entire rank) and Octave adjusters both beginning and ending. These provide a taper adjustment which is sometimes more useful for the other parameters like stereo weight or EQ,

Danny B.

Return to Technical support