It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

Coupler control of floating division

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

jrball

Coupler control of floating division

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 9:29 am

This is not exactly a new CODM topic but I could not see how to do it from reading the other threads.
I understand the logic about assigning MIDI keyboards, etc. but not how to control them via couplers.

Here is the simplest situation I can think of.
Suppose a small organ with two physical manuals; M1 and M2, each with some stops and couplers.

Suppose another set of stops (another division?) contains a few string stops.
How can I assign the strings to either M1 or to M2 via two buttons (pistons or couplers?) labeled: "Strings on M1" and "Strings on M2."

adrianw

Re: Coupler control of floating division

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Perhaps I have misunderstood and you are trying to do something much more complicated, but if you are enquiring about the codes for building a custom organ design module CODM file, and let us say the string division is assigned to (the notional) manual 5 the coupler codes for the two pistons are respectively 1126. Manual5 to Manual1 8ft and 1226. Manual5 to Manual2 8ft. (pp 50-57 of the CODM user guide - Coupler Table).

Of course, you could also use the HW master couplers feature to do the same thing.

Ensuring that both are not engaged simultaneously, if you need that, requires a bit more trickiness.

jrball

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Thanks, I wondered whether that would work.
I'll try it.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Additionally the 'Swell Reeds' coupler on the Choir division in ExamplCustomOrgan2 (which is installed with Hauptwerk in the standard CODM ODFs folder) is an example showing how they can be implemented.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)