It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

Windows 10 version 1803 April / Spring update 2018

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

IainStinson

Windows 10 version 1803 April / Spring update 2018

PostWed May 02, 2018 5:07 am

Yesterday I installed the April / Spring update to Windows and am now running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. So far, this is working fine with current release of Hauptwerk. It has improved the performance of unloading an organ (which happens automatically when you load a different organ to play and when you exit Hauptwerk). Unloading an organ now seems similar to take about the same time as it did before the Windows update which caused Windows’ memory release to become significantly slower.

The installation worked relatively smoothly. I checked the changes I had made to Windows Power Management, file indexing were carried across the update (they were) and turned off a few of the services (particularly SuperFetch) which can impact services. I made sure that my audio system driver had not been changed by the update.

The same update was applied to our non Hauptwerk Windows computers and also seems to be working well.

I’d be interested to hear from any others about this update.
Iain

Jan Loosman

Re: Windows 10 version 1803 April / Spring update 2018

PostMon May 14, 2018 5:01 am

After the update i experienced lots of glitches.
The update enabled superfetch again.
After disabling superfetch everything seems to work fine again! Untill the next update i guess :(

Regards Jan

gordh

PostTue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm

I got those glitches as well after the update... Really asked myself if I would continue using Windows to run Hauptwerk!

Hopefully I saw your post... And indeed "superfetch" service was running again on my PC. Quickly deactivated it.

Thanks for noticing that!

sutherland

PostFri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Same here: disabling Superfetch is vital to get glitch free running.

Return to Technical support