It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

Gen Cancel & Hand reg Stuck On

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

sutherland

Gen Cancel & Hand reg Stuck On

PostSat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 am

Somehow Gen Cancel & Hand reg have become stuck on on our organ, which makes saving combinations very difficult. On one organ we had 1, 2, 3 and these two buttons stuck on.

For the Laurenskerk organ, clicking Gen canc also switches Chamade Ann, but then clicking Chamade Ann switches off Gen canc leaving only Hand reg set. This all happened after an organ teacher tried to save some combinations. I realise from the image on page 119 of the manual that perhaps this is meant to happen, but I just want to save simple combinations and be able to cancel them, so I need to revert to the normal mode I've used for years.

What could be causing this? Could he have clicked an incorrect series of buttons that caused this. I've reset everything to factory, but still this happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

josq

Re: Gen Cancel & Hand reg Stuck On

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 11:57 am

Sounds like normal and intended behaviour. You'll be able to save combinations anyway. The "chamades on" stop is off by default. If you want to have it on by default, right-click the stop, select "Adjust MIDI/trigger...", tick the checkbox "Switch defaults to ON state" and OK. When starting the organ or when using the general cancel, the "chamades on" will no longer default to its off position.

sutherland

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am

Thanks for your response. The Chamade Ann being stuck on seems to have cleared itself, but we still have the problem that Gen Cancel and Hand reg are permanently illuminated. This was not happened before in all our years of using Hauptwerk and I cannot find how to return them to the off setting.

Totally bemused. :?

josq

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

The Gen Cancel will be illuminated (yellowish color) when all stops are in off position. The Hand Reg will be illuminated whenever you have not selected a preprogrammed registration (such as a master general or stepper frame).

If you want to program some registrations, make sure that the setter button is activated when pressing the desired master general/stepper frame/... Also make sure the setter button is deactivated when you want to change registration during playing. Beware: if the setter button is activated and you quickly press multiple master generals/stepper frames/... (wondering why the registration doesn't change), all will be programmed with the same registration...

When you have finished to program your registrations, don't forget to save them in a combination set. If you lost all your combinations, check if you have loaded the correct combination set.

jkinkennon

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 12:42 pm

From the initial post it appears that we are discussing actual physical pistons on a console rather than the HW on screen pistons. Try clearing the settings for the SET piston and then auto-detect it again leaving the 'toggle' box unchecked. This way you hold the SET piston in while selecting the destination piston. The SET piston clears itself when released and cannot be accidentally left on. This is the only way I set up this piston and every organist I speak with prefers this mode of operation.

wailukujohn

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm

I’ve tried what you suggest for the Setter button so it would act like a “normal” console would. But it always defaults back to the toggle on state. Any ideas?

Return to Technical support