It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

MIDI problems with alt configs 2 & 3

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Rimokatolik

MIDI problems with alt configs 2 & 3

PostSun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 am

I have configured different audio output in all 4 HW configurations, and from my program want to control HW, like loading organ and activating stops. Everything works fine with main HW exe and alt config 1. However, alt configs 2 & 3 send MIDI messages about initialization, but when my program sends message to open organ nothing happens. I have tried to change audio output configurations, but nothing helped.

I am using MIDI console in and out ports through loopMIDI to achieve this.

Also, as I have marked in General settings/MIDI ports console MIDI IN and OUT, what is the purpose or difference of selecting General settings/General preferences/MIDI console status output (Advanced use)/MIDI OUT port?

Rimokatolik

Re: MIDI problems with alt configs 2 & 3

PostSun Jun 03, 2018 10:49 am

Sorry, my bad. I just noticed I did not do MIDI key trigger/assignments for alt configs 3 & 4. Probably lost them, as I was doing all of them before. Anyway, sorry for disturbance.

engrssc

PostSun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Good recovery. We all learn from our own and other's mistakes. :wink: Thanks for sharing.

Rgds,
Ed

Rimokatolik

PostMon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 am

Can somebody still please answer: what is the purpose or difference of selecting General settings/General preferences/MIDI console status output (Advanced use)/MIDI OUT port and usual console IN OUT in the MIDI ports dialog?

Thank you

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Rimokatolik wrote:Can somebody still please answer: what is the purpose or difference of selecting General settings/General preferences/MIDI console status output (Advanced use)/MIDI OUT port and usual console IN OUT in the MIDI ports dialog?

Thank you

This is intended only for use with consoles that have custom MIDI display hardware, normally just leave this set to None. This is not at all the same as the typical MIDI ports settings which is for your keyboards and other controls to connect to Hauptwerk through.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Technical support