It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am

Swell pedal delay

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Daniel Dries

Swell pedal delay

PostSun Jun 10, 2018 4:49 pm

I’m very much enjoying the new SP Casavant, although the swell pedal has a serious delay. It is impossible to do anything like a sforzando.

Is there any way of reducing the delay on an expression pedal through manually adjusting the settings etc.? I don’t experience this with any other sample set.

Thanks,
Daniel

engrssc

Re: Swell pedal delay

PostSun Jun 10, 2018 6:24 pm

What size (resistance) pot for the swell?

Just a guess because I don't have that sample set, is perhaps that slow reaction is present in the original sampled organ and was duplicated by the s/s producer.

Rgds,
Ed

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Swell pedal delay

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello Daniel,

Expression shoe settings such as delay (intertia) are set by instrument producer, so these cannot be changed directly by the player. I don't know how extreme it may be but there are some settings in Hauptwerk you can try to adjust to see if it helps or not. Under Organ settings go to the Expression setting screen, then select the pedal on the left and at the bottom right you can change the Range midpoint %.

Again I am not sure if this will help since I don't know the settings of this particular organ , but that would be the only place you can adjust settings. Other than that you can contact Sonus Paradisi to let them know and see if there are any things they may be able to offer.

Thanks.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Technical support