It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am

Setting stops from two pistons AND launchpad

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

hytheman

Setting stops from two pistons AND launchpad

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm

I am running Salisbury on a homemade 4 manual console. A few stops are controllable from two pistons (eg. Tuba from both a manual piston and a pedal piston). Easy, as one is set to Primary Input and the other to Input 2. Now I have added a Launchpad there is a problem as I cannot have a third input.
Is there anyway around this so I could control the Tuba from 2 pistons AND Launchpad?
Many thanks.

engrssc

Re: Setting stops from two pistons AND launchpad

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 pm

The only way I see to do that is to physically connect both (manual) thumb and the toe piston in parallel to the primary input freeing up the secondary input for the LaunchPad button.

Rgds,
Ed

IainStinson

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Instead of trying to control the Tuba from the pistons as a stop, why not
a. control the tuba from the Launchpad - this allows the Tuba to be turned on and off from a Launchpad button.
b use HW's master reversible pistons to operate the Tuba stop. (Autodetect the piston and toe piston to be a master reversible piston; clear all stops; turn on the Tuba; press and hold SET and touch one of the piston you assigned to be the reversible piston; release SET). Save the combination file (master reversibles are stored in combination files).

The pistons (you can have two inputs for a reversible piston too) once set up will reverse the state of the Tuba stop, and the launch pad can turn the stop on or off (as usual).

Iain

organsRgreat

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 8:54 am

In many parts of Hauptwerk, if you auto-detect more than one control for a particular action, a dialogue box comes up saying this action is already assigned to (whatever), and asking whether you want to clear the former setting or keep both. So far as I know there's no limit to the number of controls for one action.

I just tried this on the Paramount 450, and was able to set three controls to turn on and off the Great Tuba Horn 8ft - one on-screen piston and two computer keys. Just try it and see - if you get in a muddle there's an option to clear all settings.

engrssc

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 am

This last suggestion is a good one. I forgot about that option.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support