It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

VST link has disappeared

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

organsRgreat

VST link has disappeared

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 10:47 am

My desktop computer is misbehaving, so I've switched to using the laptop. This also has Hauptwerk installed, but I now want to link it to Reaper. That means using Hauptwerk's VST link, but I can't find it anywhere on the computer. I found this on the internet:

The default installation location for Hauptwerk's VST plug-ins is: 'C:\Program Files\Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ VST Link Plug-In':

but it's not present there on my laptop. Is there a way to use the Hauptwerk installation CD just to put that link on my HDD, without having to re-install the whole program? Thanks in advance!

engrssc

Re: VST link has disappeared

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 am

Have you tried re-installing Hauptwerk on your laptop?

Rgds,
Ed

organsRgreat

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello Ed – Re-installing is what I'm hoping to avoid; I only need one (presumably small) file, so I'm wondering if there's a quicker method. If I do have to re-install, would that disturb the settings of organs already there?

IainStinson

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Page 22 of the HW User Guide would suggest that re-installing should not lose any settings or data...
No settings or installed components (organs, temperaments, licenses, etc.) should be lost by upgrading or re-installing. However, it’s good practice to make a backup of your Hauptwerk settings using File | Backup ... in your existing version of Hauptwerk (or HauptwerkUserData folder if upgrading from a Hauptwerk version older than 3.10), before any upgrade.

Iain

organsRgreat

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello Iain - Great minds think alike! I was about to post: 'The user guide says "No settings or installed components (organs, temperaments, licenses, etc.) will be lost by upgrading or re-installing"; so if I do need to re-install that's one less worry'. I'll just have to be very careful that everything goes into the same folders as previously. Thanks for your support.

engrssc

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Is the VST link missing on all the versions of H/W? I,e. the main and the three alternates?

I did something similar as a reload of H/W, but first I cloned the built-in HDD to an external so for sure I had a backup. In my case, nothing was lost when reinstalling H/W. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 7:45 pm

engrssc wrote:Is the VST link missing on all the versions of H/W? I,e. the main and the three alternates

No, it is included with all four versions, presumably it must have been deleted accidentally from the configuration he is using.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

organsRgreat

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks for the helpful comments - the problem is solved! I have a third, very low power computer which is small, portable and handy for odd jobs. Rather to my surprise I found that it will run small Hauptwerk organs. So I had a look through the folders there, and Hauptwerk's vst link is in the default location, exactly where it should be. Once I had that file on my laptop, and told Reaper where to find it, everything worked perfectly. I'm really pleased to have my organ back!

Return to Technical support