It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Various pitches on different stops don't sound

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

montyjnc

Various pitches on different stops don't sound

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Good afternoon,

I will do my best to explain this very odd situation...

One day when sitting down to practice, I noticed if I take a single stop on any of my sample sets and attempt to play a chromatic scale roughly only half the pitches will play (loosely based on an whole tone scale yet alternating each octave). When looking at the console view, I can see all notes being depressed so Hauptwerk appears to be receiving the midi signal but no sound comes out for half the depressed keys. For an example, on the Hereford set, one of the Gt Open Diapasons may play C,D,E,F#,G#,A# but not the rest of the notes, while a different Gt Diap may play the opposite notes. I am not sure what the problem is. Any advice? While this is great for improvising in the style of Alain, not so much for practicing...

Thanks,

Jacob

mnailor

Re: Various pitches on different stops don't sound

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 2:25 pm

That sounds like half of your audio group's output channels aren't sounding. If you have, for example, two stereo audio outputs in the audio group, going to 4 speakers, half of the notes in each octave would go to one stereo pair, and the other half of the notes go to the other pair. That's assuming you kept the default rank routing algorithm, which splits each octave into c and c# sides chromatically but flips the sides for each octave, and chooses sides based on the rank number.

So if one stereo pair of audio interface channels, amplifier channels, or speakers is disconnected, turned off, muted, or broken, you'd get this effect.

If you have two mono outputs instead of stereo, it's the same idea.

montyjnc

Re: Various pitches on different stops don't sound

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 2:59 pm

resolved!

Return to Technical support