It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am

Headless Startup

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

morabito

Headless Startup

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 11:31 am

Hello,

I'd like to run Hauptwerk in headless mode. I have two issues

(1) When the program starts up (free version) there's a box asking which version I want to start with. This prevents the program from automatically starting. I have bypassed the box that asks which organ to load. Sometimes, if a MIDI device is on, there is another box that asks whether to start the program marking the device as disconnected. Is there a way to bypass all of these menus (Start in free mode, mark device as disconnected) so when the computer turns on, it's running?

(2) If I lose a midi device (keyboard turned off by one of the kids) I usually have to restart the program. Is there a button to reload all the midi devices, rather than restarting completely?

Thanks!

Mixtuur4st

Re: Headless Startup

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm

About Hauptwerk in headless mode: use the (free) program AutoHotKey.
It will do exactly what you want and the learning curve isn't to steep.

Enjoy,
Jack

organtechnology

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 6:57 pm

morabito wrote:Hello,

I'd like to run Hauptwerk in headless mode. I have two issues

(1) When the program starts up (free version) there's a box asking which version I want to start with. This prevents the program from automatically starting. I have bypassed the box that asks which organ to load. Sometimes, if a MIDI device is on, there is another box that asks whether to start the program marking the device as disconnected. Is there a way to bypass all of these menus (Start in free mode, mark device as disconnected) so when the computer turns on, it's running?

(2) If I lose a midi device (keyboard turned off by one of the kids) I usually have to restart the program. Is there a button to reload all the midi devices, rather than restarting completely?

Thanks!

The Free edition is an evaluation program. It is not supported by Hauptwerk for long term free use. If you are haveing trouble getting it going, there is help available from the forum members. In your case the best way is to buy a license.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

morabito

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 9:04 pm

So what about the 2nd question about resetting the midi devices after one has been turned off? I'd like to know how to reset this without restarting the program or the computer if possible.

engrssc

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 pm

morabito wrote:So what about the 2nd question about resetting the midi devices.

Check H/W User Guide - pages 128/129. Reset (Engine) Audio - MIDI.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support