It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am

Sequencer MIDI Out bug?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

eruppenthal

Sequencer MIDI Out bug?

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 am

I think there's a bug with the Sequencer MIDI feature of Hauptwerk 4.2.1.003.

Setup:
- MIDI interface 1 connected to pedalboard, transmits on MIDI channel 1.
- MIDI interface 2 connected to split keyboard, channel 2 goes to Swell, channel 3 to Great.
- Virtual MIDI out to loopMIDI (General Settings > MIDI Ports > MIDI OUT > Sequencer MIDI Out checkbox selected)
- Organ: St Anne's Moseley

Problem:
Symptom 1: When playing either great or swell, keys are duplicated on the pedalboard.
Symptom 2: Organ Settings > Keyboards > Great (or Swell) > click the "Test: play virtual middle C" button. Middle C is duplicated on the pedalboard.

The problem disappears when I de-select the Sequencer MIDI Out checkbox for the loopMIDI.

Grant_Youngman

Re: Sequencer MIDI Out bug?

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here … but, given what's happening, it sounds a lot more like you have something misconfigured —either HW or loopMidi. And in the end there's a virtual connection from something back to Ch1.

Disclaimer: I don't know a thing about loopMidi. But from a cursory look at loopMidi, your issue sounds more like a configuration problem than a bug in HW.
Grant

eruppenthal

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks Grant, you're probably right. Or maybe something wrong with Anvil Studio, which is what I'm interfacing with. In any case the simple workaround is to disable either sequencer midi in or out, depending on which I'm using at any given time, since I don't use both simultaneously.

Ernest

GrahamH

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi Ernest

A year or three ago when I was regularly driving Hauptwerk using MIDI files generated with Noteworthy Composer and played back through van Basco Karaoke Player, and when I was using virtual stop jambs generated by jOrgan that called for two-way MIDI traffic between jOrgan and Hauptwerk, I only ever enabled Hauptwerk's Console MIDI in and out ports, pointing them to the ports used by the other software. I never enabled the Sequencer ports.
Also, I was never able to get a stable set-up using a virtual MIDI cable. I only achieved stability and reliability when I used physical MIDI cables to carry the MIDI messages between Hauptwerk and the other software.

Graham

Return to Technical support