It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

No sound after re-assembly of components

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fdhartog

No sound after re-assembly of components

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:15 pm

After having been away from my home due to hurricane Florence I tried today to put my hauptwerk system back together. Ahead of the storm all the components were disconnected and brought to higher ground and today I found some time to re-assemble my organ. Unfortunately I can't get any sound to come from the speakers. The system recognizes my Focusrite 6i6 and the software has the keyboards and pedal detected but when I hit the keys no sound is generated. Nothing has been changed in the set up so I'm wondering what could have gone wrong when I reconnected all the pieces. I realize this is a pretty vague description but I am hoping that someone on this forum may have some suggestions as to how to resolve this.

1961TC4ME

Re: No sound after re-assembly of components

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Sounds like (no pun intended) :wink: it has something to do with how you reconnected your sound system. Are you using powered monitors or amps and speakers?

Marc

MPiercey

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Just to clarify, when you depress a key on your physical keyboard, does the midi light light up in the 'Audio, Midi & Performance' panel, along with the keys activating on the virtual HW keyboard? What about the Audio bars in the 'Audio, Midi & Performance' panel?

magnaton

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 am

fdhartog wrote:I realize this is a pretty vague description but I am hoping that someone on this forum may have some suggestions as to how to resolve this.

I agree. Not sure what you mean by "when I hit the keys no sound is generated". Is this the virtual keys or MIDI keyboard keys.

So if virtual keys are moving and you have no sound, review your Audio Outputs section and see what Audio Output Device is selected. You may have chosen or it could have changed to the native Windows audio driver instead of the Focusrite driver. While you are there, make sure what you've selected in HW as your output channels (i.e. 1 & 2) matches what is physically connected. You might have plugged cables into the input ports instead of the output ports of your Focusrite interface. Do you have a mix-down to the headphone jack? If so see if you get sound from headphones.

Danny B.

1961TC4ME

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 12:07 am

If auto detect is working as stated (by pressing the lowest and highest physical key and you get an ok to click), then the physical to virtual keyboards / pedal is working, or you will not be able to select ok. That leads me to believe it's either a matter of a incorrect monitor connection or a incorrect amplifier input selection.

Marc

fdhartog

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 9:55 am

MPiercey wrote:Just to clarify, when you depress a key on your physical keyboard, does the midi light light up in the 'Audio, Midi & Performance' panel, along with the keys activating on the virtual HW keyboard? What about the Audio bars in the 'Audio, Midi & Performance' panel?

The only light that blinks when I depress a key on my physical keyboard is the the one indicating the channel (console midi in) The Audio bar is not lit up. I'm using 4 active monitors hooked up to output port 1-4 on my Audio interface. I have 2 audio outputs set up both pointing to the Focusrite ASIO driver. Channel 1 and 2 on Output 1 and channel 3 and 4 on output 2. Even when I use the option "test play virtiual C in the keybord mapping screen nothing happens (no sound).

fdhartog

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Well I decided to take the whole setup apart again and start from scratch including reconfiguring hauptwerk. The good news is that it's working now but the bad news is that I still don't know what caused the problem. Now I have to catch up on 3 weeks without an organ :D
Thanks all who replied with suggestions.

Return to Technical support