It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

General & Divisional settings

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

jimintoronto

General & Divisional settings

PostFri Oct 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi,
I would like to set up the following defaults and I don't know if it is possible in HW.

1. I would like to assign four pistons to operate ONLY the inter-manual/pedal couplers (i.e. not the divisional sub and super couplers) or any stops. Right now these pistons affect the entire instrument and I want them to act only on the couplers and not the stops.

2. I would like the sub and super octave couplers for each division to NOT be affected by the divisional pistons. i.e. if I have the Gt super drawn, I'd like to be able to select any Gt divisional piston and not have the Gt super affected.

I hope I've been clear and would appreciate any guidance and instruction anyone might be able to provide!

Thank you!
Jim

IainStinson

Re: General & Divisional settings

PostFri Oct 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello.
In HW pistons are associated with the sample set currently loaded. Many sample sets provide the pistons which operate in the same way as those provided on the corresponding real organ, so the pistons the sample set provides will operate on the same groups of stops as they do on the original instrument.

HW provides what it calls “master pistons” which can be tailored to do what you want (manual page 98 onwards). These are additional to any pistons provided by the sample set. You can set the scoped master pistons to operate on any subset of stops you wish. You may need to read the manual a couple of times!

Remember these are set up per organ and you have to do this for each sample set, and they are additional to any pistons provided by the sample set.

Iain

Andrew Grahame

PostSat Oct 06, 2018 3:19 am

Hi Jim,

Both of your desires can be met using Hauptwerk's "Master Scoped Combinations" (pages 101 - 105 in the Hauptwerk Installation and User Guide).

1) Use the scope function to highlight and choose all the couplers you want for the coupler pistons. Assign each scoped piston to a physical piston. Then you can set combinations of couplers onto those pistons just as when setting combinations of stops.

2) Create scoped pistons to replace the sample set's native divisional pistons. Choose only the speaking stops, leaving out the couplers. That way these new divisional pistons will affect the stops only, leaving the sub/super/unison off pistons in "neutral".

Andrew

jimintoronto

PostSat Oct 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Sincere thanks guys. Your direction to the scoped section was exactly what I needed. Once I understood how this worked, I set up my combinations and it all works perfectly!
Thanks again,
JIm

Andrew Grahame

PostSun Oct 07, 2018 2:26 am

Good to hear this, Jim. Hauptwerk is fantastic!

Return to Technical support