It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

Dongle replacement

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

HolyFamilyAnchorage

Dongle replacement

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 am

Hi everyone, after a long silence (and years of enjoyment of Hauptwerk!) I'm back. I'm no longer at my position in Anchorage (the entire position of music director was cut and replaced with non-organist volunteers), and have moved back to the Lower 48. My Hauptwerk Advanced Edition with Public installation license dongle did *not* manage to make it down with me, and I called my former parish to confirm that they are not using it.

I have tried emailing support and using the contact form several times and have not received a response. How can I get a replacement? What is the cost? Sorry to post this on the open forum, but I'm running out of options to make contact with someone regarding the replacement, and I am really anxious to run Hauptwerk with my home Johannus console again. :(

engrssc

Re: Dongle replacement

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 5:04 am

Is there a reason that your former parish can't send the dongle to you? I know sometimes there are extenuating circumstances when leaving a positions, but isn't there someone connected still available to help? Altho I can't speak on their behalf, as far as connecting with someone at Hauptwerk, even tho they are quite busy right now, they still respond even tho it may take a bit longer.

Rgds,
Ed

organtechnology

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am

removed by member
Last edited by organtechnology on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

organtechnology

removed by member
moderator please remove
Last edited by organtechnology on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

organtechnology

HolyFamilyAnchorage wrote:Hi everyone, after a long silence (and years of enjoyment of Hauptwerk!) I'm back. I'm no longer at my position in Anchorage (the entire position of music director was cut and replaced with non-organist volunteers), and have moved back to the Lower 48. My Hauptwerk Advanced Edition with Public installation license dongle did *not* manage to make it down with me, and I called my former parish to confirm that they are not using it.

I have tried emailing support and using the contact form several times and have not received a response. How can I get a replacement? What is the cost? Sorry to post this on the open forum, but I'm running out of options to make contact with someone regarding the replacement, and I am really anxious to run Hauptwerk with my home Johannus console again. :(

The dongle is the license for the Hauptwerk program and any sample sets you may have added. If the dongle is physically missing, then it will need to be repurchased to get a replacement. This is why you should insure the dongle against loss or theft. I have seen postings on the forum where Hauptwerk has been helpful in restoring a lost dongle but in those cases the ownership was clear. So that is the first issue to clear up, who owns it?

If the dongle was paid for by you and has your name on the records and the parish is not being cooperative, the thing to do is send the parish a 'demand letter' that they return your property. Also copy the Canon to the Ordinary for the Diocese.

If the dongle was paid for by the parish and their name is on the records and they want you to have it, you will need to get them to send you the physical dongle and send an email to Brett that they want to transfer ownership to you. Any financial transactions are between you and the parish.

This is not to be construed as legal advice as I am NOT a lawyer or related to one.

HolyFamilyAnchorage

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi all. Just to clarify, it’s not an issue of ownership. I paid for it, the license was in my name, and I submitted proof of such with my email, to which there’s been no reply. My concern that involves the parish was that I had left it behind accidentally, not that they’re asserting ownership. They confirmed that it is not present on their property.

So in short: I lost the physical dongle during the move. I can prove that I paid for it and that it’s in my name. I just need to hear from a human and no one is responding. I paid a lot of money for that license and I’m extremely frustrated that I can’t access the organs I also paid a lot of money for. :|

engrssc

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi HolyFamilyAnchorage,

I just submitted a request to HW support on your behalf and got an immediate reply:
Did you get anything like this?

Rgds,
Ed

Dear Ed,

Thank you for contacting us about Hauptwerk, the world's most advanced virtual pipe organ! Please allow up to 24 hours for us to respond to your email. You may also visit our Forum to search for answers to any technical questions you may have. Be sure to also visit the FAQ and Tutorials pages for answers to other frequently asked questions.

We've included a summary of your email below. Please retain this text if you reply to any emails.

Ed Nupnau wrote:

`Are you aware of this? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17227

Regards,

The Hauptwerk Team
http://www.hauptwerk.comd

HolyFamilyAnchorage

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Thank you! Alas, yes I did. I've received the "we'll be in touch within 24 hours" email for each request that I've submitted, but haven't then received any followup.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Hello and apologies for the delay.

What email address did you send from so that we can check the records here please? Sometimes our replies also will go to your spam folder so please be sure to allow incoming emails from us at info - at - milandigitalaudio.com

Thanks!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 am

Thanks from us as well, Brett. :)

Rgds,
Ed

HolyFamilyAnchorage

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 am

B. Milan wrote:Hello and apologies for the delay.

What email address did you send from so that we can check the records here please? Sometimes our replies also will go to your spam folder so please be sure to allow incoming emails from us at info - at - milandigitalaudio.com

Thanks!

Brett, thank you so much for your reply! Sometimes these things happen, which is frustrating for everyone but all’s well that ends well. The emails were sent using the contact form at Milan Digital Audio and holyfamilycantors(at)gmail.com, which is also the email address linked to my store account, as well as to the PayPal account I used to purchase the license on August 31, 2016. I’m happy to send along the order number and PayPal transaction ID.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Hello,

Thank you for that information, I've emailed you our policy on replacement dongles and how to proceed.

Thanks!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

HolyFamilyAnchorage

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

B. Milan wrote:Hello,

Thank you for that information, I've emailed you our policy on replacement dongles and how to proceed.

Thanks!

Thank you! I placed my order this afternoon. I’m very glad for the chance to obtain the replacement.

Return to Technical support