It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 am

Having more than 3 expression pedals

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

StentorOphicleide64

Having more than 3 expression pedals

PostSun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Earlier, I was told that HW would only recognise 2 expression pedals and one crescendo pedal. I just bought CLR’s First Congregational LA 5m Skinner/Schlicker sampleset and need far more than 2 expression pedals. Is there still a limit for how many can I assign?
Thanks

1961TC4ME

Re: Having more than 3 expression pedals

PostSun Dec 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Far as I know, if the sample set in question has more than 3 expression pedals it shouldn't be an issue. If you've got the extra expression pedal to operate it, you should be able to 'auto-detect' it and use it to control additional virtual expression pedals. Another way to look at it, if you can operate it with your computer mouse, you should be able to operate it with a pedal that's connected via MIDI.

Marc

engrssc

PostSun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 pm

FCCLA hasn't been available for a while So I can't check. But as Marc said, if the set producer has included
X number of expression pedals in the ODF, they would be available via the auto-detect feature of Hauptwerk.

Rgds,
Ed

ludu

PostMon Dec 24, 2018 5:20 am

I do own FCCLA, and it contains 7 enclosed divisions. My console having 4 expression pedals, I’ve put together the expressions of the 2 Swells, the Choir and the Ruckpositiv, the Gospel and the echo.

However, since CLR and Evensong have merged, I don’t see this sample set any more in their catalogue.
Luc

Return to Technical support