It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

LaunchPad MKII

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Vangelis

LaunchPad MKII

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am

Hello,

For those like me who bought the Novation LaunchPad MKII without to read this forum, it is really frustating to discover the missmatching of the colors setting with Hauptwerk Midi management. It seems the version 5 would be a chance to solve this problem. But there is a solution !

My job is currently to fix and to transform old console making them compatible with Hauptwerk by including computer and interfaces into the console. To do that I need to match the console hardware interface with the expected sampleset requirements. Since many years I use a magic hardware named "BOMEBOX". Quickly speaking, this small box placed in the Midi network between the computer and the console, is able to modify in real time all Midi message exchanged in both IN and OUT sense. Any Midi command, or Midi parameters could be change to another one according to a simple or complex associated program. This program is created first on PC, using Bome Translator software, then uploaded later in the BOMEBOX. You don't know how many times this box has saved my projects !

To solve the LAUNCHPAD MKII-HAUPTWERK missmatching you have just to use the Bome translator software, no BOMEBOX harware. Configure Bome translator to receive Launchpad as Midi IN and to send as Midi OUT to Hauptwerk and Launchpad. Hauptwerk should not send any Midi message to the Launchpad. With appropriate settings into Bome translator each Pad is recognize by Hauptwerk and the good Midi command are sent to the LaunchPAD MKII to light the rignt colors (128).

That works perfectly, waiting the version 5

Hope this could help you

Bernard

engrssc

Re: LaunchPad MKII

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 am

Vangelis wrote:Hauptwerk should not send any Midi message to the Launchpad.

Not sure I understand that as LaunchPad requires input from H/W to function.

Rgds,
Ed

Vangelis

Re: LaunchPad MKII

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 11:41 am

Bome translator receive Midi data from LaunchPad and send them to Hauptwerk with no modification. That's the Midi way to control the Pads. But in the same time Bome Translator send appropriate Midi message to LaunchPad to control the light colors.

Regards

Bernard

Return to Technical support