It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 am

XXX - MIDI recorder MIDI implementation (raw data).xml

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Rimokatolik

XXX - MIDI recorder MIDI implementation (raw data).xml

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 am

These files should not be illegal to share, right? Is there any place where they are published?

Thank you

csw900

Re: XXX - MIDI recorder MIDI implementation (raw data).xml

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 am

You can obtain the content of these files by downloading and installing the associated organ and looking in menu:

Recording -- View MIDI recorder/player/sequencer.....

You can easily print this document and it has no indication of copyright so as far as I know you can do as you like with it.

csw900

NickNelson

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 am

Since these are, so far as I can tell, internal HW configuration information I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in having them shared.

That said, just about everything involves some degree of intellectual rights, I would generally assume that everything published or created in the last hundred years would be subject to some sort of copyright unless there is an explicit declaration (from the creator) that it isn't.

Nick

Rimokatolik

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am

I cannot get those files for organs that I need to pay, and if I download sample ones they usually are subsets and again I cannot get the whole definition.

I don't think this is internal HW information, as HW generate both XML and HTML for easy viewing. I guess it is probably intended for organ builders and sequencer software producers. I don't see anything internal or secret here. I was hoping to be clarified in open on forum, so that everyone can know.

The only reason I would like to get these files is to be able to adjust midi files played on various organs to organ I am using in HW. I would even go as far and ask why not contrebombarde to publish these files with the rest of information they have on every organ?

organassist

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 am

OrganAssist includes a number of Hauptwerk organs and you could look at the MIDI configuration for each by opening Edit Organ Layout for the different instruments. You could use this data or, even quicker, you can import MIDI files and then export them for playback on your organ, once you have set up a configuration (if it is not already included or on the download page of my website - http://www.organassist.com).

[Edit] Since the MIDI configuration does not show the final result (as it is calculated before sending), the best way to see the MIDI data is to leave the PC MIDI Setup window open and operate the stops on the screen. You can then see the MIDI messages as they are generated for each stop.

csw900

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 pm

If you just want to translate HW midi files to play on another organ you can do this with my eplayOrgan - it can translate and play midi files made by most of the popular HW organs, in real time, and more organs can be easily added.

Download from my website https://midimusic.github.io completely free.

csw900

Return to Technical support