It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

reverb

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

PeterHarris

reverb

PostThu May 02, 2019 3:56 am

Hi, I am using the latest version of hauptwerk with the Hereford cathedral organ set
I cant find a setting to adjust the amount of reverb. Is there one please, and if so , where ?

Many thanks

Peter

mnailor

Re: reverb

PostThu May 02, 2019 8:55 am

Hereford was produced before Lavender Audio started doing surround samplesets with volume sliders for the rear channels like Armley and St. Mary le Bow.

Hereford is premixed with the reverb built into the stereo samples.

If you want to reduce the reverb, you could truncate reverb tails in the rank routing window, but you can't change it without recaching the organ.

magnaton

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:13 am

If you read about the basic concept of Hauptwerk, the objective is to capture known pipe organs as they sound in their respective acoustic environment thus giving very convincing realism. Surround sound sample sets up the ante by recording pipes close, near, and far that allows mutlichannel audio to recreate the feeling of actually being there.

With the Hereford and other live or "wet" sample sets, you can trim the length of the reverb tails in
Organ | Load organ, adjusting rank audio/memory options menu.
The last adjustment in the config box is "Release sample truncation". This will need to be applied to each rank you load. To allow for a more natural decay, you will need to experiment with the different trim options otherwise it will like a deliberate cut off. Since the Hereford is a large set, maybe load just the Great Diapason chorus during this trail & error phase since each trim adjustment results in a new cache build.

There are a few "dry" sample sets available with no natural reverb. Here you will need to supply your own signal processing (reverb) by a hardware or software solution. Then you can safely tweak the style and right amount reverb your desire.

Hope this helps,

Danny B.

dhm

PostFri May 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Peter, I’m assuming you want to reduce the reverb for church rather than home.
In the menu Organ > Load organ adjusting rank audio/memory options, click CTRL + A to select all ranks st once, then look at the bottom RH corner for the reverb truncation option.
At Rochester and Wakefield we reduced this to 750 milliseconds (that worked better than zero).
You may want to experiment with different values, but be advised that every time you change it, the samples will re-cache (i.e. 15-20 minute RE-load).
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

PeterHarris

PostWed May 08, 2019 5:18 am

Thanks Douglas

Just what I wanted

Peter

Return to Technical support