It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

Recording anomaly?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

adri

Recording anomaly?

PostSat May 25, 2019 12:19 am

When I record my playing and then name it when finished, Hauptwerk creates two files with that name, 1 and 2, and 1 will have no recorded sound at all and 2 will have the actual recorded sound. Kind of weird, right?

Is there something wrong in my settings?

NickNelson

Re: Recording anomaly?

PostSat May 25, 2019 1:31 am

According to the manual,

"If you have more than one logical audio output defined for multi-channel audio output (Advanced Edition only), one file will be created for each logical output, provided that 'Recording disabled for this output' has not been selected as the recording format for the output."

It's possible that you have two logical outputs defined, but are actually using (routing sound to) only one of them.

Nick

Anto800

PostSun May 26, 2019 11:49 pm

If you do not have multichannel audio, you have probably configured a "phantom" channel in the audio output group and in the audio output. If, on the other hand, you have correctly set up the multichannel audio, you could have "directed" all virtual organ's stops only on a single stereo channel. A properly configured multichannel will allow you to record multiple ".wav" tracks, one for each channel. To mix them all together you will need a small program that instantly combines two or more audio tracks. I use "Audacity", free, operative and simple to use.

IainStinson

PostMon May 27, 2019 7:28 am

I create a mixdown in HW which records the audio from surround sample sets. I disable recording from the other audio groups. No need to use an external program to combine the wav files. You can also use the mixdown as, for example, a headphone output.

Iain

adri

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 3:20 pm

thanks for all you guys answers; I'll look into this!

sorry for late reply, but I haven't recorded lately...

Return to Technical support