Search:
Submit Search

USB licencing query

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.

USB licencing query

Postby clausula_tenorizans » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 am

If I request a licence key update for a newly-bought copy of Hauptwerk advanced will I need to re-licence the USB when I get my Hauptwerk-specific PC up and running in a week's time? I await the arrival of a new SSD to complete the computer build but in the mean time would like to learn how everything works on my existing computer.

The T&Cs say I can use the USB on any number of copies of Hauptwerk provided it is used on one copy at a time which suits me, but it says nothing about whether relicencing is required when I hop between copies. I will only be using Hauptwerk on one PC once the SSD arrives.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trivial question!
clausula_tenorizans

Re: USB licencing query

Postby IainStinson » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Once the licence update is applied to the dongle the licenses enabled on the dongle may be used on any computer when and whilst the dongle is connected to that computer. I occasionally move my dongle between a number of different PCs and Macs. The dongle is precious as it holds all the licenses you have bought.
You won’t need to update the licence again when your new machine arrives.

Iain
IainStinson

Postby clausula_tenorizans » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks Iain, very helpful.
clausula_tenorizans

Postby engrssc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:22 am

IainStinson wrote:The dongle is precious as it holds all the licenses you have bought.

And slightly fragile. If it is used in a public accessible place, suggest possibly installing it to an internal USB port using one of these:

https://www.newegg.com/startech-com-model-usbplatelp-usb-header-adapter/p/N82E16815158163

The dongle is sometimes mistaken for a flash drive and "lifted". :cry:

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Return to Technical support