Search:
Submit Search

Playing HW with external sequencer

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.

Playing HW with external sequencer

Postby Meweber@verizon.net » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 am

I would like to be able to play HW midi files through an external sequencer such as the Brotech mini MIDI sequencer. This would allow me to play different and/or multiple MIDI files remotely with an android tablet. Has anyone done this or something similar?
Meweber@verizon.net

Re: Playing HW with external sequencer

Postby csw900 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:16 am

A HW organ can be played externally via its sequencer midi input. As can most software organs.

I have had a look at the Brotech pdf leaflet and the sequencer has a midi output which could be connected to a HW organ via a midi to usb cable. Obviously the midi files you are trying to play would have to be specific to the organ you are playing but otherwise I think it should, in theory, work.

I have never used or even seen a Brotech sequencer so have no knowledge of it other than the claims in their leaflet.

However I do know for certain that HW and other organs can be played externally by my eplayOrgan (software) program which you may like to experiment with before laying out money on Brotech hardware.

eplayOrgan has a playlist and similar capabilities to the Brotech but has no specific capability of remote control using an Android tablet. However eplayOrgan will run on a Windows tablet or laptop computer which could be connected via a midi cable to your HW organ.

csw900
csw900

Return to Technical support