It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Problems installing Salisbury

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

JulianMoney-Kyrle

Problems installing Salisbury

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 11:09 am

I have put this in an email to Milan Digital Audio, but in case anyone has any ideas I am copying it here:

I'm having trouble installing the Salisbury Cathedral sampleset. I hope I am following the correct procedure.

I first followed the link in the order confirmation email and downloaded all the installation files. Next I created a dongle update request (reference 46988) and applied the update file which was emailed back to me in return. Next I successfully installed two other organs from Sonus Paradisi (Zwolle and Krzeszow) which I had bought at the same time. Then I tried to install Volume I of Salisbury. The first filed (DVD-1) seemed to install correctly. The second gave a read error and I assume it had become corrupted in the download, so I downloaded it again. This time it appeared to install with no problems, as did the third (DVD-3). Then I tried to install the organ definition file for volume 1, and received this error:

"The organ definition file named 'Salisbury-Willis-Volume-1-Wet.Organ.Hauptwerk.hbx' couldn't be loaded to query its version, while attempting toinstall the component packages 'F/Sample sets/Salisbury/Salisbury-Willis-OrganDefinition-Volume-a.CompPkg_Hauptwerk.rar'. If it's a licensed file then perhaps a license hasn't yet been installed for it."

"Message code (for diagnostic purposes): 1223

I downloaded the ODF again but received the same error.

I am wondering if the problem is with the dongle update. I had assumed that it would cover both the Sonus Paradisi and MDA samplesets, but perhaps it was only for the SP organs and I need another one for Salisbury.

Julian Money-Kyrle

evertjan

Re: Problems installing Salisbury

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 11:44 am

You do actually need to have a sample set's licence applied before you can install it.

So, ask MDA for a dongle update with the Salisbury licence. Generate a license request file and mail this to MDA. Of course, MDA must have the knowledge that you have bought Salisbury. So, the reseller (or MDA) must inform them.

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Thank you for confirming that the problem is that the licence is missing.

This is very odd, because after ordering Zwolle and Krzeszow from Sonus Paradisi, and Salisbury from MDA, I had an email from MDA with a reference number for a dongle update; I sent the request, received the update file, applied it and then installed the Sonus Paradisi organs with no problems.

So it seems that the dongle update was only for the Sonus Paradisi organs, and I need to request another one for Salisbury.

dhm

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 am

Any requests for dongle updates need to specify all the sample-sets for which the update is being requested (except for any that are unencrypted, and therefore don't need a dongle update).
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 7:58 am

Thank-you Douglas. This is gradually becoming clear...

MDA sent me an email (with a reference number) to say I should request a dongle update following my order from SP, but didn't send me a similar email following my order from themselves (other than the receipt). There was nothing in the email to say which order it referred to so my assumption was that it was either Salisbury or both orders. Hency my confusion.

By the way, your atavar (if that is the right word - I always thought it meant a physical manifestation of a Hindu god) is a very good likeness if I may say so.

Return to Technical support