It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am

No Sound :(

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

pipeorgel

No Sound :(

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 pm

I have recently upgraded to a newer MacPro build since my old one failed. My old hard drive (running El Capitan) works completely fine. My audio is through a Fireface 800.

I am trying to configure a new hard drive that is running Mojave and is updatable (long story but the old hard drive is not). When I load Hauptwerk and use a restore from a backup from my old hard drive set-up, everything APPEARS to work just fine, but I never can get ANY sound. I have updated drivers....checked the routing settings in both Hauptwerk, the Fireface, and the Mac's system preferences and everything seems to be the same as in the old hard drive....but no sound. Then I reboot from the old hard drive.....sound is there just fine as ever.

I feel like I'm missing something and not smart enough to think of it. Any ideas...or where to send me to research it?

Many, many thanks!

pipeorgel

Re: No Sound :(

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Still no luck here. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I might try? Thanks...

engrssc

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 2:25 am

Is the problem with all sample sets? There are some that have an integral (gotcha) "blower" switch.

Rgds,
Ed

randallschmid

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 5:39 am

I would suggest determining if the problem is in the O/S, interface or HW by trying different sound options.

Is there sound through your RME from any other application, i.e. music? If no, the problem is not in HW and is either RME or O/S.

Is there sound from other outputs using Apple's native drivers, i.e. headphones connected directly to the computer's sound board? If no, then the problem is in O/S.

If you have eliminated HW as the problem, you can look for RME or Apple support or forums.

engrssc

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 6:43 am

He said:
Then I reboot from the old hard drive.....sound is there just fine as ever.

Another idea pipeorgel, you could try cloning the old drive to the new drive.

https://blogs.systweak.com/5-best-disk-cloning-app-for-mac-in-2017/

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support