It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Reverb trim on Hereford

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Mister_Mirabilis

Reverb trim on Hereford

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 pm

I feel a bit stupid asking this, but here goes;
When I first fired up my new HW instrument, my friend and I found a way of reducing the amount of reverb in the Hereford sample set, as it sounded a bit “muddy” when using studio monitors and subwoofer. We now want to make some further adjustments, but cannot find the menu item allowing us to do this. The menu allowed us to shorten the amount of reverb in seconds. We’re not messing about with attacks and releases, but rather reducing the amount of time which elapses •before• the release kicks in. Can someone please set me on the path to finding this control? Thank you.

organsRgreat

Re: Reverb trim on Hereford

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 2:09 pm

I think the facility you are looking for is "release sample truncation" - see pages 36-37 and 74 in the user manual. You will have to re-load the organ and truncate the releases for every stop, but you can select groups of stops to apply this setting (using the usual Windows procedure for selecting things), so it shouldn't take too long :-)

mnailor

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Release truncation fades the reverb tail early. However, release truncation doesn't affect the time before the release starts as you mentioned. I don't know of any such feature. The release sample always starts (smoothed in from the note's sustain sample) when you release the key, after a slight delay for MIDI transmission and processing. Release truncation doesn't change that time, it just shortens the release samples.

mdyde

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 7:03 am

[Topic moved here.]

To confirm nmailor's reply, there isn't any functionality in Hauptwerk to adjust the time *before* the release tail begins.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support