It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:55 pm

Alt Configs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

weststrate

Alt Configs

PostWed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello, I would like to know if I can use the various Hauptwerk Alt configs on my desk top to have a different organ loaded in one of these ALT conf's on my desk top? It would save me time to switch between organs.

magnaton

Re: Alt Configs

PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:09 pm

The Alt Configs are literally "Alternate Configurations". You can only have 1 organ loaded in Hauptwerk at a time. You could set one config to always load Organ A as the default when first launching HW and another config to always load Organ B as the default. These Alt Configs are extremely useful for for switching between custom audio layouts. For example in a typical audio interface setup with active monitors: Config 1 could be four channel audio, Config 2 could be two channel stereo, headphones only. This saves having to turn off 4 speakers and maybe a subwoofer for private listening.

Did you know you can assign a MIDI key to a respective favorite organ? This may allow switching between organs a little quicker by just pushing a MIDI enable button or piston.

Danny B.

weststrate

PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks Danny for the update.

Could you expand a bit more on assigning a MIDI key to a respective favourite organ?

Lougheed

PostWed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 pm

magnaton wrote:
Did you know you can assign a MIDI key to a respective favorite organ? This may allow switching between organs a little quicker by just pushing a MIDI enable button or piston.

That's an interesting tip! :-)

IainStinson

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 4:05 am

Hauptwerk has 32 favourite organs. You can assign an organ you have loaded to one of the 32 favourite slots. You can through the Load Organ menu direct HW to load one of these favourites. You can assign any midi switch input or any computer keyboard key to load a particular favourite. For example I use 32 buttons on my Novation LaunchPad to load instruments from my favourite list.

The details are described in the manual. Pg 76 of the 4.2 edition.

You can only have one instance of the Hauptwerk program running at any time, so you can’t have two or more alternatives running at the same time and switch between them by switching programs / apps.

There are lots of really useful ‘stuff’ in Hauptwerk for making playing the instruments more like playing a “traditional” organ. Perhaps it is worth revisiting these periodically.

Iain

Return to Technical support