It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:26 pm

Making an audio file

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Christoff

Making an audio file

PostSun Nov 24, 2019 2:40 am

Not sure I am posting in the right section but recently had a visiting friend/very competent organist play my Hauptwerk organ and intended to record both audio and midi files. Annoyingly I only 'armed' for midi file. Is there any way I can produce an audio file from the midi files ?
Chris Mower

csw900

Re: Making an audio file

PostSun Nov 24, 2019 4:35 am

Hi Chris

Yes its very easy to make an audio file from a midi file - play the midi file and record the audio while it is playing.

However there are some snags. Midi files recorded on HW organs will play properly (i.e. produce the original sound) only if you play the files using the same sample set (organ) as was used when the midi files were recorded. You may be able to persuade somebody who has the same sample set to do this for you.

There is another way round this because you can now use my eplayOrgan program to translate the files so they will play correctly on another organ. The sound will not be exactly the same as that produced by the original organ but the stops, midi channels and swells will be translated to play similar if not identical pipes. See my website to download eplayOrgan (completely free to download and to use).

I regularly use eplayOrgan myself to play midi files recorded by organs I do not have. I find the results completely acceptable.

csw900

Christoff

PostSun Nov 24, 2019 7:34 am

Many thanks for rapid reply. I am simply wanting to create an audio file from the midi file I created when my friend played - so same organ, same sample set etc. Good to hear you say it’s easy. Can I do it by playing the midi file and arming for audio. Will Hauptwerk produce the audio file I missed by forgetting to arm for midi and audio ?
Chris

csw900

PostSun Nov 24, 2019 10:59 am

Yes. But you must have the correct sample set selected when you make the recording.

csw900

Return to Technical support