It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:14 pm

HW 5 freezing - MIDI recording

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

schnetzler

HW 5 freezing - MIDI recording

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 am

Hello

Hauptwerk 5 works very well overall
But at midi recording in Hauptwerk 5.0.0 - I stop at the end, HW asks for file name, after that there is no reaction, the dialog box freezes, I have to close the program and restart it.
The saved midi file is available, not with the given file name, simply as "Hauptwerk recording + date/time/sample set".
I tried that with two different sample sets

Any help?
Thanks

Wilfried

schnetzler

Re: HW 5 freezing

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:37 am

I see this behavior if only "Midi Recording" is armed, when "Audio Recording" is armed it works as expected, also if both "Audio Recording" and "Midi Recording" are armed, then both file types will be saved correctly.

mdyde

Re: HW 5 freezing - MIDI recording

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 11:25 am

Hello Wilfried,

Thanks very much for the information. I can confirm that I can reproduce that Hauptwerk v5.0.0 freezes when stopping MIDI recording if (and only if) exactly the following combination of recording options are ticked on Hauptwerk's 'Recorder/player' large control panel:

- 'Arm audio recording': *not* ticked.
- 'Arm MIDI recording': ticked.
- 'Prompt for name': *ticked.

As a temporary work-around, please use any other combinations of those those options. For example, ensure that 'Arm audio recording' is also ticked when recording MIDI (or that 'Prompt for name' is not ticked).

Many apologies for that bug. I've logged it, and will make sure we get that fixed with a high priority for v5.0.1.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

mdyde

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am

P.S. I've added it to a list of known bugs here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970&p=135111#p135111
Best regards, Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

schnetzler

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you, Martin

yes, that’s exactly the constellation where Hauptwerk 5.0.0 freezes.
But also if these combinations are ticked at the small “recording options” control panel, not only the large floating one.

Sure, the temporary work-around helps.

Thank you!

Wilfried

mdyde

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks again, Wilfried.
Best regards, Martin.

CarsonCooman

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:59 am

Does this bug also occur if using a MIDI event (piston) to trigger the "MIDI recording start" process? (Not "audio/MIDI start.") As opposed to ticking the boxes and clicking on the buttons manually in the recording panel?

mdyde

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:17 am

Hello Carson,

It occurs when *stopping* recording (however you trigger it to stop), if and only if that specific combination of recording options are currently ticked/unticked (irrespective of whether the control panel is actually displayed).

Presumably you wouldn't normally want to have the 'Prompt for name' option ticked if stopping recording from a MIDI piston, so in that case you shouldn't experience the issue.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support