It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:00 am

Hauptwerk 5 and missing MSVCP140.dll

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

evertjan

Hauptwerk 5 and missing MSVCP140.dll

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 am

One of the members of the Dutch HW forum have had the following problem.

After installing HW5 over HW4 and starting HW5 a message is displayed that "the file MSVCP140.dll is missing. Install the program again".

On my advise he has installed Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53840 - 64 bits version) and now HW starts without any problem.
He uses Windows 7.

Questions:
- Is MSVCP140.dll used by Hauptwerk?
- If so, can the Hauptwerk installer do a check for the availability of this and all orther used Visual C++ components? And if a component is missing, that the Visual C++ redistributable is installed as part of the installation file?

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk 5 and missing MSVCP140.dll

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am

Hello Evert-Jan,

Thanks for helping the Dutch forum user. Do you know whether he/she had installed the current version of iLok License Manager prior to trying to run Hauptwerk v5?

(I believe that the Visual C++ runtime should only be needed by PACE's components, and I think iLok Licence Manager's installer installs them. The Hauptwerk installation prerequisites do state that iLok Licese Manager should be be installed first.)

Thanks again.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

evertjan

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 am

Hello Martin

Thanks for your answer.
I will ask him and let you know

Evert-Jan

mdyde

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks, Evert-Jan.
Best regards, Martin.

bobe

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 12:28 am

Thanks Martin.

I was also missing the MSVCP140.dll on a stand alone Win 7 64. Your hint saved me from screwing up something else.

Bob

evertjan

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 6:11 am

Hello Martin

The person with the problem says that he has installed the iLok Manager before installing HW5.
That is according the step by step plan to migrate from HW4 to HW5, made by me (see https://pcorgel.nl/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3738).

Because your estimation about the use by Pace software, I cannot believe that he has done as he describes.
Therefore I did the test by my own PC. I have a HW PC with an up to date Windows 7; only for Hauptwerk. In de c:\windows\system32 directory there was no MSVCP140.dll available. After installation of the iLok manager, the MSVCP140.dll is in that directory.
So the PACE iLok Manager installs that VC++ runtime.

A strange thing is that PACE also installs the Apple bonjour services. For what? But that is off topic in this case.

Thanks for your support.

Evert-Jan

mdyde

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 6:15 am

Thanks, Evert-Jan, and Bob.

evertjan wrote:Therefore I did the test by my own PC. I have a HW PC with an up to date Windows 7; only for Hauptwerk. In de c:\windows\system32 directory there was no MSVCP140.dll available. After installation of the iLok manager, the MSVCP140.dll is in that directory.
So the PACE iLok Manager installs that VC++ runtime.

Excellent. That's as I thought, and very useful to have it confirmed. Thanks again.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support