It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 pm

v5

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

atugores

v5

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 9:21 am

Can HW v5 upgrade over a v4 or must be installed from scratch.
It will run with Mac OS El Capitan
Thank you

chr.schmitz

Re: v5

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 11:41 am

You can update, but it is generally a good idea to wipe the disk from time to time and perform a clean installation. At the same time, you could update your OS.

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Hello atugores,

[Topic moved here.]

If upgrading an existing installation on a Mac, you do specifically need to uninstall/delete your existing installation before installing v5, as covered here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17850
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

atugores

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Thank you Martin:
I did an installation from scratch and successfully completed, but now I have several problem. 1ª I can not install the rest of my organ samples because it request activation codes, I do not know the to get this from.
2º I'm enable to set my multichannel audio that consist in 2 speakers for the main keyboard an pedal (out from audio interface channels 3-4), 2 speaker from the swell keyboard (out from audio interface channels 5-6), and a subwoofer which is mix of all channels(out from audio interface channels 7-8). Channels 1-2 are for my headphones that's also a mix of all.
That was very easy to set up in v4 but in v5 I can't get it. How o where can I learn how to do this.
I was happy with v4 but yesterday In the area where I live we suffered a great storm with a lot of electrical activity and my old Mac used with HW burned including the dongle and a router (I have an insurance) , I had to decide to buy it v5 and I have installed it on another mac that I use for office. Finally everything went well and the activation with ilok cloud perfect, but as I said I can not install the organs and I do not understand the multichannel. sorry and thanks.

mdyde

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Hello atugores,

atugores wrote:I did an installation from scratch and successfully completed

Excellent.

atugores wrote:1ª I can not install the rest of my organ samples because it request activation codes, I do not know the to get this from.

Please see this post for instructions for migrating the licences from your v4 Hauptwerk USB Key to your v5 iLok dongle: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736

atugores wrote:2º I'm enable to set my multichannel audio that consist in 2 speakers for the main keyboard an pedal (out from audio interface channels 3-4), 2 speaker from the swell keyboard (out from audio interface channels 5-6), and a subwoofer which is mix of all channels(out from audio interface channels 7-8). Channels 1-2 are for my headphones that's also a mix of all.
That was very easy to set up in v4 but in v5 I can't get it. How o where can I learn how to do this.

If you wanted you could just migrate your v4 audio setting to v5. To do that, use 'File | Restore ...' in v5 to restore the last settings backup you made from 4, then re-launch v5, then don't reset your audio settings/routing when prompted.

Alternatively, please see the 'Audio routing and impulse response reverb ...' sections in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 166-201 in the current v5.0.0 version) for how to configure audio routing in v5. For example 'Example 6: multi-channel audio with 24 (or more) speakers configured as stereo pairs in 3 groups of 4 pairs each, with different organ divisions routed to different groups, optionally plus a sub-woofer, optionally with an additional pair of ‘rear’ speakers for surround-sound, optionally with an additional pair of speakers as an ‘aux reverb mix’ with added reverb (which can be bypassed, or its wetness adjusted, on a per-organ basis)' (pages 196-201) gives an example with routing different divisions to different groups (even though you would only want one mixer bus, i.e. speaker pair, in each of your groups/divisions).
Best regards, Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

atugores

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Thank you Martin,
I migrate the settings from v4 to v5, it does that except the mixes for headphone and subwoofer so those does not sound at all, the manual is quite difficult to understand for a person like me that does not know nothing about mixers etc.Is it there a tutorial maybe?, I lost all day behind this.
On the other side, as I explain in my first post due to thunderstorm electrical activity the old mac an several more things burn, I attach de dongle to the mac where I have v5 now, the red light on the dongle no longer exist, I will try tomorrow in another mac, but my suspicion is that it maybe burn also.(internet fiber router were burn also, now works again). So is it there another way to have my organ samples activation codes in order to install them. thank you again.

mdyde

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 7:13 am

Hello atugores,

Iain Stinson made a tutorial document on audio routing here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17916

If migrating v4 audio routing, v4 aux mix-downs (headphones, subwoofer, etc.) should normally get migrated, unless they used an entirely separate audio device/driver (e.g. a DirectSound driver).

To set up a mix-down (e.g. for headphones) in v5, on 'General settings | Audio mixer' select the desired audio device channels for an appropriate one of the 'master mix buses' at the top of the list (e.g. '... Mstr mix bus 2: Stereo mix 2 (headphones)'). Then expand the 'Advanced items' node in the left-hand bus list, and go to each of the primary mix buses that are set up for your migrated v4 primary audio outputs, and for each in turn, tick its 'Send to: Stereo mix 2 (headphones)' setting. You would then do likewise for master mix bus 3 for your subwoofer.

atugores wrote:On the other side, as I explain in my first post due to thunderstorm electrical activity the old mac an several more things burn, I attach de dongle to the mac where I have v5 now, the red light on the dongle no longer exist, I will try tomorrow in another mac, but my suspicion is that it maybe burn also.(internet fiber router were burn also, now works again). So is it there another way to have my organ samples activation codes in order to install them.

Please first try (re-)installing the v4 dongle driver, which can be found on this page: https://www.hauptwerk.com/v4-license-updates/

Also, if the dongle is attached to a USB hub then maybe the hub doesn't provide enough power (e.g. if two dongles are attached at once), so it might be worth trying it attached directly to the Mac, if possible.

After trying those things (and your other Mac, if needed), please let us know if you still can't get its lamp to light up and if necessary we could then migrate all of your licences by hand from our end as a last resort.
Best regards, Martin.

atugores

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:55 am

Thanks again Martin for your patience, I give up I am not able to configure the multichannel, in v4 it was very easy here it is very complicated and confusing, I have read the manual several times, documents of Mr. Iain Stinson and there is no way to understand what I do not know, I am not a music technician and I do not know anything about mixers, buses etc as expressed in the v5 manual, I get the feeling that all this is for technicians and not for a person who only wants to select stops and play music, I give up I want to enjoy music and I've been trying to play something for 2 days without getting it. I'm sorry

atugores

Re: Iloks

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Another thing that happens, with an iCloud session open and license activated each time i quit HW v5 and start again request me to open the icloud session with my activation code, is that normal. I just quit HW i'm not closing the iCloud session.

mdyde

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello atugores,

Do you mean you have your Hauptwerk licences, and sample set licences, activated to iLok Cloud (not an iLok dongle)?
Best regards, Martin.

Antonio

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 3:19 pm

I hope my question is not off-topic.

I successfully upgraded to V and also was able to migrate one of my MDA sample set license from 4 to V (The St-Eucaire) in iLok.We just have been notified today that the new version V files can be downloaded at http://hauptwerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/MDA-Instrument-Downloads.pdf. I will download the files and install them again shortly. However, two other samples I purchased fom MDA early on do not show up in my iLok account nor in the pdf files posted: Grace-Lutheran Casavant and University of Illinois Buzard.They were Hauptwerk version 1 sample sets which I successfully imported in version 4. I sincerely hope that there is a way to have them work in version V. I tried to load them in version 5 but obtained the same error message that for The St-Eucaire sample set). Can someone tell me if upgraded version V files will be made available for those two very nice little organs.

Thanks in advance.

atugores

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Tanks Martin: I mean I have the HW v5 license in the Ilok cloud, not the samples licenses which I can not migrate due to the accident I had and I try to se if the dongle works. I do not have Ilok USB dongle yet, (amazon will sen me one I hope in the next days.
What I mean is, I have an Ilok cloud open with v5 license activated, and when I quit HW and run it again it request the activation code to open de Ilok cloud session.

atugores

v5 warning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 am

[img]/Users/atugores%201/Desktop/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-12-14%20a%20las%208.14.13.jpg[/img].
This warning appears (I don't know how to insert an image if you can't see let me know) when starting v5 and canceling the load of the organ just to work with some configuration, what is it Martin. Thanks

atugores

Re: v5 warning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 am

I don't know how to do it, sorry

atugores

Re: v5 warning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 5:39 am

But the warning say:

Could not empty the folder '/Users/atugores 1/Hauptwerk
HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponent/TemporaryFiles'. Please make sure that you are logged onto the computer with an operating system account with sufficient privileges
(such as an administrator account) or try rebooting[/b]

message code (for diagnostic purposes): 0059

Can you help? I'm the administrator of this computer
Next

Return to Technical support