It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Change operating system

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

bambergfranken

Change operating system

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 6:08 pm

I currently have Mac OS X as my operating system. When I switch to a PC in a year or two, Hauptwerk stops running.
How does it work? Is it worth upgrading if I can no longer use Hauptwerk after changing my computer?

IainStinson

Re: Change operating system

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Licences for Hauptwerk (4 and 5) are independent of your operating system. The iLOK licences (on dongle or in the cloud) work on a MaC or on Windows PC ( just like the HASP dongles did with HW 4). If you decide to change computers from a MaC to a PC you would not need to buy a new HW licence. You would need to install the Windows version of HW and reinstall your sample sets on your new computer. You could backup all your settings on the MAC and restore them on the PC so your settings will also move from the MaC to the PC.
Iain

pwhodges

Re: Change operating system

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:15 pm

You can have as many installations of HW as you like - I have three; but you can only use one at a time, by plugging in the dongle, or activating iLok Cloud at that machine pro tem.

Paul

Return to Technical support