It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Upgrade steps order

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

gary.chapman

Upgrade steps order

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 am

Martin's advice for upgrading has this sequence of steps:

4. Run the Hauptwerk v5+ installer to perform a clean installation of Hauptwerk...
5. ... use 'File | Restore ...' in Hauptwerk v5+ to get your previous Hauptwerk settings/combinations/voicing back
6. Use 'File | Install ...' in Hauptwerk v5+ to install the current versions of any sample sets...

Is this really the correct order?? Restore settings first and only then (re)install the sample sets?

mdyde

Re: Upgrade steps order

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:37 am

Hello Gary,

[Topic moved here.]

It doesn't especially matter which way around you do steps 5 and 6. Step 6 (installing organs) wouldn't in itself affect any settings -- only actually loading the organ would. I felt there was less potential for confusion by doing the restore first (i.e. straight after installing).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

kwbmusic

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 pm

I've downloaded the 20 or so upgrades for my organs. Now I face another problem. They do not appear to properly install.
Trying to load Volume III of the Hinsz I get a message saying it couldn't be loaded to query its version perhaps because a licence hasn't yet been installed for it.
However iLOK lists the licence as activated..
What a disaster moving to HW Version V, at this moment I have lost all my organs,
Keith

CarsonCooman

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 9:25 pm

kwbmusic wrote:I've downloaded the 20 or so upgrades for my organs. Now I face another problem. They do not appear to properly install. Trying to load Volume III of the Hinsz I get a message saying it couldn't be loaded to query its version perhaps because a licence hasn't yet been installed for it. However iLOK lists the licence as activated.. What a disaster moving to HW Version V, at this moment I have lost all my organs, Keith

You need to also download and install the general license packages before you can load the protected organs:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

kwbmusic

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Carson you have brought great joy. After getting special codes to download Version V, then requiring another code to initiate and activate licences within iLOK I thought that was all that was required. Thank you so much I have my first organ (Hinsz) up and running.
I tried to download the licencing file using MS Edge and what I got was the binary data on the screen. Tried Google Chrome and wow I had downloaded the file.
I have Lavender Audio trying to solve a problem with their software. I'll try again as I now assume your advice will solve all the other problems I was having.
Thanks again
Keith

jkinkennon

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:19 pm

You aren't alone Keith. I missed the same step and I know many others did as well. Fortunately things are settling in so far as getting a basic install done.

Erzahler

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 pm

It would have been good to have got (as musch as possible) ONE set of instructions covering V4 to V5 including the iLok and Mac procedures.

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello Erzahler and others,

There's also an FAQ here with the instructions for upgrading licences (for Hauptwerk, and for sample sets) to v5: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&p=134736#p134736
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support