It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:16 pm

HW V and house cleaning..

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

wosborne

HW V and house cleaning..

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi all.. I'm slowly doing the migrating over to HW V.

Am I correct in assuming that since the V 4.2 sample sets won't be needed, can or should I uninstall all my V 4.2 encrypted organ sample sets off the hard drive? I figure I can regain storage space by getting rid of organ sample sets no longer in use by the new upgrade. I know what unencryped organ I have, will work on either version.

I wanted to ask before I go ahead and delete the previous version. I didn't want to experience any regrets by doing so.

I'm ok with re-configuring everything with a clean, new install of Version V.

Thanks. Bill

mdyde

Re: HW V and house cleaning..

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 5:28 am

Hello Bill,

[Topic moved here.]

Assuming that the producers of the relevant v5-compatible versions of sample sets have simply re-protected those sets for v5 (as opposed to making them completely independently-installable sample sets, with different organ definition names and/or installation package folders), and assuming that you're planning to install the v5-compatible versions of those sample sets anyway, then there should be nothing to be gained by un-installing them first, since installing/upgrading to the new versions would automatically remove the previous files before installing the new ones (with no user settings/combinations/voicing being lost in the process).

Hence in practice, I wouldn't expect there to be any benefit to un-installing the v4 versions of those sample sets first. When upgrading Hauptwerk itself to v5 all v4 organ cache files would have been cleared out anyway.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support