It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Rank Voicing and Surround/3D/Perspective Panning

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

MPiercey

Rank Voicing and Surround/3D/Perspective Panning

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Is there a reason why the 'Rank Voicing and Surround/3D/Perspective Panning' window can't be closed by clicking the 'X' in the top right corner, and instead having to click the 'Close' button. This is certainly not a major bug, but I was just wondering if I'm not doing everything right.

Thanks,
Mel Piercey

M. Qualley

Site Admin

Re: Rank Voicing and Surround/3D/Perspective Panning

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Mel,

I have alerted your question to support. You should have an answer by tomorrow.

Thanks!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mdyde

Re: Rank Voicing and Surround/3D/Perspective Panning

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 6:23 am

Hello Mel,

[Topic moved here.]

Hauptwerk v5 internally uses a much newer version of the multi-platform Qt library than v4 did and the voicing/panning screen is implemented slightly different for that reason. On both platforms (Windows and Mac), you can close the screen either by clicking the 'Close' button, or by pressing the 'Escape' key. On the Mac platform there is also the standard OS 'x' close button in the title bar, but not on Windows.

I'm not sure that I would regard that as a bug as such, since there are two other easy means by which the screen is intended normally to be closed, and I'm not certain off-hand whether it's behaviour that we could readily change, but I'll log it as a low-priority task to look into it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support