It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 am

Preserving Reaper/VST Link during upgrade

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

DaveMax

Preserving Reaper/VST Link during upgrade

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 8:19 am

My V4 installation uses Reaper for routing and reverb. When I install V5, will the Reaper VST-Link thing still be there, or will I have to rebuild it if I want it anymore?

Is there any way to view what licenses are on my V4 dongle before making the great leap forward?

Thanks for any help.

David McCallister

mdyde

Re: Preserving Reaper/VST Link during upgrade

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 am

Hello Dave,

DaveMax wrote:My V4 installation uses Reaper for routing and reverb. When I install V5, will the Reaper VST-Link thing still be there, or will I have to rebuild it if I want it anymore?

The Hauptwerk VST/AU Link will still be present and usable in the v5 Advanced Edition (but not in the Lite Edition). However, please also bear this v5.0.0 bug in mind: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970#p135506

DaveMax wrote:Is there any way to view what licenses are on my V4 dongle before making the great leap forward?

There isn't, I'm afraid. None should be lost when migrated, but in case something did unexpectedly go wrong, we have a record in our database of all licences that are currently enabled in each v4 dongle, so we would be able to make sure it's rectified by hand if ever needed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support