It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:34 pm

Hauptwerk Auto-Launch

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

jab8283

Hauptwerk Auto-Launch

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Unlike Hauptwerk 3 & 4, the V is not auto-launching when windows starts. My installation was an upgrade from V4.2.1 to V5.0.0 on a Windows 10-Pro PC. Currently I have to manual start Hauptwerk after windows has started. I'd like it to start on it's own and load first organ when windows is started like it always has with previous editions. I've searched the Users Manual and I'm not finding any information. I've entered search words like "Headless", "Auto-Launch", "Startup", and "Windows Start" and nothing comes up.
Jim Barrow II
Crawfordsville, IN. USA

mnailor

Re: Hauptwerk Auto-Launch

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:33 pm

From the release notes:

"PCs: Hauptwerk’s installer no longer includes an option to configure Windows to start Hauptwerk
automatically when the computer boots (since the preferred method in Windows 10 is for the user to control that directly from Task Manager)"

jab8283

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks for the lead. It would make a headless-install difficult if Hauptwerk can't auto-launch.
Jim Barrow II
Crawfordsville, IN. USA

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello Jim,

We took that out of the installer because Windows and Macs both have easy native means to accomplish that, which varies a little between operating system versions. (Also, attempting to duplicate that ability via the installer tended to cause confusion as a result.)

Here are Microsoft's instructions for making Windows 10 launch an application (e.g. Hauptwerk v5) automatically: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... artup-apps

Hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

jab8283

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Martin, I just found that as well but thanks for letting me know this. Also in relation to this subject I've just discovered is my Windows 10-pro on the Hauptwerk organ computer is version 1607, unlike on my main home PC which is version 1903. With ver-1607, there are no "Start-Up" options available whereas on ver-1903 there is right from the Start menu/Settings/Apps/Startup. I am in the process now of performing a Windows Update to the Hauptwerk organ computer which includes the update to version 1903 that will allow me to add Hauptwerk to Windows "Start-Up" list. Thanks for the work y'all have done to HW-V as it and 7 of the 13 sample sets I have are performing wonderfully. Still waiting on MDA (Mt.Carmel E.M.Skinner -dry) and all four Neil Jensen updates and having an organ install issue with Paramount 3/41. The other four Paramount sample sets installed beautifully and playing well.
Jim Barrow II
Crawfordsville, IN. USA

mdyde

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Thanks, Jim.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support