It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 am

No Audio from VSTLink with HW5 on Win10

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

randallschmid

No Audio from VSTLink with HW5 on Win10

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 pm

I have been unable to get any audio through HW 5's VSTlink using either Cantabile performer or Cubase 10.5 as the VST host. With HW4, all that was required was to set the audio output in HW to "Hauptwerk VST link".. On HW's midi port page,midi in and out ports are set to HW VSTlink external sequencer. No sound even when mouse clicking the HW keyboard with all stops open, or trying HW's test tone generator.

I have tried used both new and existing projects that contained working HW VST Links with no success. I also tried the same projects on another computer running the same VST hosts and HW 4. Audio output from HW is heard from both VST hosts. I then copied the known working projects to the computer running HW 5. Still no audio from HW 5. Both of theVST hosts find the Hauptwerkvstlink dll and identify it as version 5.0, There are no other copies of the dll on the computer. The dll is installed in HW's default location. Other vendor VSTs are working fine in both hosts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled V5 with no change. It is very simple to add HW as a VST instrument. Just select it as an output port plugin and it normally works.

I am at a loss other than uninstalling V5 and reverting to V4.

mdyde

Re: No Audio from VSTLink with HW5 on Win10

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello Randall,

If temporarily you try launching Hauptwerk via a spare 'alt config N' configuration (desktop short-cut), then use 'General settings | General configuration wizard' to reset all audio settings/routing to defaults, then select the VST Link as the audio output device, then load St. Anne's, then make sure all audio settings/routing are set to defaults via the 'Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard', then click on virtual keys/stops, do you then hear the sound (and/or see any audio signal level meters move in the VST host)?

(E.g. perhaps you have an audio routing setting incorrect somewhere in your main configuration.)

Also, in your main configuration, do you hear the sound (without your VST host running), if you temporarily change Hauptwerk's audio output device to be your audio interface's ASIO driver?

Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

randallschmid

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Martin,

Your suggestion to "reset all" fixed the issue. Thanks.

-Randy

mdyde

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 am

Thanks, Randy.

Excellent. Hope you enjoy the new version.
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 12:26 pm

For reference, I've now posted a known bug entry here regarding ranks of newly-installed/loaded organs possibly not being audible by default if Hauptwerk v4 audio routing had initially been migrated to v5 (and not subsequently reset): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970&p=136250#p136250 . My apologies for that oversight in the v4->v5 audio routing migration.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support