It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:36 pm

How to set up multiple channels -- HW5??

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

WmHurt

How to set up multiple channels -- HW5??

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Am stuck with frustration in trying to get back to the former HW4 functionality!

Is there not a simple explanation as to how to route/allocate a collection of 60 samples to a set of 10 stereo speakers for a single organ? Maybe a simple set of steps that can be repeated as required for the many samples?

Idea is to assign some sample ranks to each stereo pair, such as 8 ranks to speaker channel 1, another group of ranks to speaker channel 2, and so on. Each of the channels drives one stereo pair.

The mixer and bus terminology is foreign (at least to me) and the complexity seems far beyond that of HW4, where the allocation of voices to channels was simple.

Once this is accomplished and the system better understood then perhaps one could advance to more sophistication.
Last edited by WmHurt on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IainStinson

Re: How to set up multiple channels -- HW5??

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 pm

You may find this helpful http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17916.
The linked pdf describes how I set up my system with five stereo pairs (front), rear stereo pair, sub and phones.
Iain

jkinkennon

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 pm

The good news is that if the multichannel setup is done for one sample set then it will be present for other sample sets. You will just do the routing of ranks to what we used to call groups for each new sample set.

It sure helped me to completely do away with the complicated naming and stick with names like Front, Diffuse, Rear, Pedal.

mdyde

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 6:46 am

Hello WmHurt,

I've added some notes to Iain's thread covering where to find the example in the v5 documentation for routing ranks/divisions to individual speaker pairs, and also how to migrate/retain/recover your v4 audio routing, in case your want to do that: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17916#p135706
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support